Do you think this could be real gold and a real diamond?

I know none of us would know for sure unless you had the right things but this is what I did that I could do. It's not a good picture but this is all I could do. What I did was I looked it up about the diamond and did a fog test. It cleared up pretty fast and I used my diamond earrings to compare the two. I can't really see anything through it either which was another test. I also put it in water and it sunk really fast. For the gold band I did a magnet test which it didn't work and used some other things to make sure that the magnet was string enough. I looked at it and it does have dents and scratches like real gold would too. I will go somewhere and get further testing but do y'all think it would be worth it because my mom thinks it's fake?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to know take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. No accurate way to authenticate stones from a picture.

• That's what I'm going to do maybe today.

• Might be worn down. As long as it doesn't look like "sterling" then you have a good change its gold :D

• I actually just found out that it wasn't a dimond its actually a sapphire and the band is supposedly white gold filled which is the description on the website I bought it from. The ring was from China.

What Guys Said 2

• It is so hard to tell - The safest test is an appraisal by a jeweller

• Looks fake to me

What Girls Said 4

• Looks like plastic princess jewelry lol like the rhinestones on the band were glued on

• If you like it and want to wear it, and it makes you happy, does it being real add anything to that?

• Looks pretty fake to me.

• I doubt it.