Do you think this could be real gold and a real diamond?

I know none of us would know for sure unless you had the right things but this is what I did that I could do. It's not a good picture but this is all I could do. What I did was I looked it up about the diamond and did a fog test. It cleared up pretty fast and I used my diamond earrings to compare the two. I can't really see anything through it either which was another test. I also put it in water and it sunk really fast. For the gold band I did a magnet test which it didn't work and used some other things to make sure that the magnet was string enough. I looked at it and it does have dents and scratches like real gold would too. I will go somewhere and get further testing but do y'all think it would be worth it because my mom thinks it's fake?
Do you think this could be real gold and a real diamond?

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to know take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. No accurate way to authenticate stones from a picture.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's what I'm going to do maybe today.

• Show All
    • Might be worn down. As long as it doesn't look like "sterling" then you have a good change its gold :D

• I actually just found out that it wasn't a dimond its actually a sapphire and the band is supposedly white gold filled which is the description on the website I bought it from. The ring was from China.

What Guys Said 2

• It is so hard to tell - The safest test is an appraisal by a jeweller

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks fake to me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Looks like plastic princess jewelry lol like the rhinestones on the band were glued on

1|0
    0|0
  • If you like it and want to wear it, and it makes you happy, does it being real add anything to that?

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks pretty fake to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it.

1|0
    0|0