I fell in love with an illusion. What now?

Well, it's kind of a stereotype of a story, but it turned out not to be as simple as I thought. There's this guy at my school, he's two years older than me and I know him only from seeing him at school. When I first saw him, I thougt that there was something special about him, something about his eyes was different. So, I began to observe him, whenever I could spot him at school. On Valentine's Day I sent him a rose with a letter: "I'd like to get to know you." and my first name on it. I waited for an answer every day, but there was no reponse at all. Five mounths later he texted me on Facebook and it turned out, that he couldn't decipher my name on that letter. So, for five mounths I was concerned and worried about basicly nothing. We chatted a little and I figured out that he was actually pretty nice and funny and I began to picture his person in my head like I thught it would be. But I was never brave enough to talk to him and just for the record I am not shy at all. I would have talked to him, but he seemed so incredibly unreachable and I thought he would never liked me, cause I'm younger and stuff. But the point is, he's off to college now, but I still have this illusion in my head of the perfect guy I've never met and I can't get rid of it. All of this is almost a year ago and I can't stop thinking of him. What can I do? I would appreciate any advise. For now a big 'Thank you!' for being interested. Pia, 17

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll be fine. You'll get over it in time

What Guys Said 2

• Do you still text? - Could you not ask to meet for a coffee or something?

• Welp, that ship has sailed.

What Girls Said 1

• You'll get over it.