How do I tell my mom that I have persistent depression disorder and possibly bipolar disorder?

I have been depressed for a long time and I'll have the long stages of bipolar and I know I have depression and I've had it for a long time but I know my symptoms of when my lows are coming and I want to get help.
I've tried telling my mom I want to see a therapist and a psychologist but she doesn't think its necessary, she's never followed through. I've had one before and it helped me so much. I think maybe if I see one it will definitely help and maybe they can fully diagnose me, give me something to help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Find out which insurance you have, find a dr that accepts the insurance, and find out how much it will cost. Then ask your mom to make the appointment.

OR

Find a low cost or sliding scale clinic in your area then call to see if they can take you.

This way your mom won't be able to put you off since all she has to do is make an appointment.

What Guys Said 2

• Just say what you said in your question and maybe research on net for online help sites for teen depression in your country.

• Just be upfront about it and she'll understand you no matter what

What Girls Said 1

• Tell her you might end up dead like robin Williams and that you will resent her if she doesn't try to help.

• That was real bitchy ya know? People can't fucking help it. It's scientifically proven that it can run through your genes. So I'd shut the fuck up.

• Aww. Are you sad? You can go cry in a corner now. Why did you ask if you already knew the answer? Because you're attention seeking.