Does anyone else have the need to shut down, forget about the world and recoup for few days, now and again?

Does everything we are made to do daily, get too much sometimes? Does it sometimes not make any sense to why we keep on doing things which are not authentically us? Do you guys sometimes takeoff from daily responsibilities so you can re-energise and re-focus to be able to continue your daily lives. Am I the only one here who feels this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you're not. I have downtime, too. I get summers off, and I value every day of it. Being a professor is more work than it sounds. I need this time to reflect on what happened during the semester, and tailor my delivery of next semester's material accordingly. I just started a new degree, so I'm building classes for it. All of this takes time, but I'm not a machine, either. So I take downtime to chat on here, answer questions, watch anime, and in general try to live some kind of life.

• I do that already but I guess its not enough when you are not satisfied with how life turned out and making changes revolves around money as usual.

• No problem at all. =^.^=

If you should ever need me in the future, don't hesitate to call.

• Sweet, I'll remember that..

What Guys Said 7

• This question really hit home, I'm not gonna lie.

• I just did that last week. I think it is just a part of needing time to ones self. If you aren't getting enough time to yourself, then you may need to catch up, and take a few days all at once.

• I have a strong need to do that, even if it gets me in trouble at work. Just can't bring myself to face life as it is when I feel like this. I feel I need to make some major changes in my life but there is this money problem to get around hmmm

• I understand. Taking some time to relax is important when dealing with stress.

• Thank you for understanding. I wish more people would...

• I am definitely like that sometimes

• nope... but sometimes i believe i live like a robot my days r pretty "set"

• My partner is like you, seems to work for him! But then again, I'm the opposite and I think he likes that I take him out of schedule sometimes even though he might perceive that as dangerous or non productive. What can I say, I live dangerously lol

• tbh sometimes i get bored of it

• I would have some sort of silly existentialist crisis, but I'm usually too busy trying to live. It's a bit counterproductive in the long run.

• That's exactly what I feel. And working for the man is not living to me. Just can't win.

• Not only did I stop doing the things I was made to do daily, I gave this duty to the ones who benifit from me doing it. I also made a boundary for retaliation preventive measures and a justifying punishment for violators.

• yes most days

What Girls Said 0