You are stranded on a deserted island. You can only choose 4 of the following items to have there with you. Which 4 do you choose?

Choose wisely! 😛

Most Helpful Guy

• Tarp, Mirror, Knife, Hiking Boots

Tarp : Can catch rain water, can also cut a piece of and use it as a pot for boiling water (you lick the edge of the tarp with the flame so it won't melt)
    Mirror : Can use it to make fire, can signal people using reflection of the sun, and won't have limited uses like matches or flare gun
    Knife : Much more multipurpose than saw, can cut things with it
    Hiking Boots : You can firstly protect your feet. Plus many hiking boots have strong kevlar shoe laces that you can use as rope and/or fishing line (Dave always does it on Dual Survival)

Survival plan : First find best natural shelter. Make fire. Look around for natural edible vegetation (like coconut) until meat can be found. Fish with shoe laces and look for crabs at shore to use meat as bait. If no hook available make fish trap with bait. Make SOS signal on beach so planes can see it. If it rains, use tarp to collect water as much water as possible. Around on almost every beach, there are empty water bottles and human trash washed up on the shore. Grab some water bottles and use that to boil the water in. When you can, relax in shade to avoid burning calories.

Tl; Dr; Yeahhhh... I think I need to stop watching Survivorman reruns lol

Most Helpful Girl

• iPod, vitamins, weed, volleyball
    I have boss survival skills can't you tell?

What Guys Said 34

• Hmmm well you can make your own shelter so that rules out a tent.
    Some of these things are not needed at all for example the volleyball and the iPod.

I would choose

The water purifier, you will die fast if you don't have water you can drink.

Fishing rod you need to eat and catch food.

Matches as it can be nearly impossible to start a fire any other way and you need to keep warm and cook food.

The cooking pot as I think it would hard to find anything to cook in otherwise. Since you are cooking with fire anything you do find to cook in would catch on fire itself the metal cooking pot would not.

• What no whetstone? how do you expect us to sharpen our bladed tools?

1. USMC Serrated Edge K-Bar
    2. Pot
    3. Rope
    4. Flint

Now why I chose each one

1. USMC Serrated Edge K-Bar
    With this I can make a bow, arrows and I can use the rope to make fishing arrows, I can make spears, pungi stick traps, among other things when used with flint I can make sparks for fires.

2. Pot to kill bacteria through boiling the water, make stew, drinking water etc

3. Rope for traps or to get around etc

4. Flint to start fires with so that I can cook, keep warm or light signal fires with.

• Fuck.. I got so cocky with my handsaw that I completely forgot about making some form of distillation device.

• @Nuqood lol.

• - Flare gun: exit strategy...
    - first aid kit: If you watch any of those "naked and afraid" episodes.. BUGS are the worst thing ever.

- water purifier: Yes, 99% of virus can be killed using those.

- hand saw: Good way to build stuff...

• The matches, to make a fire.
    The knife, both as a tool and worst case, to defend myself.
    The water purifier, since water is the most urgent need.
    The flare gun, because seeing a flare means the same to any observer: you're in trouble and need help. And it can be seen from far away.
    And than we hope for the best :D

• Knife, Rope, Handsaw, Compass.

I can use the rope for so many different things it's not even funny, the compass is a no-brainer, the handsaw would make gathering wood for shelter and cooking + tools much easier, and the knife is an absolute requirement to have for defense/spear fishing/bushwhacking/fire starting/other things.

Everything else is just a luxury. I'd do the first aid kit, but I feel like anything life threatening would be in the form of poison and venom, which I feel most first aid kids don't cater to anyway.

• Flare Gun - It's the only way to get the attention of a far off aircraft.
    Knife - We need this for hunting, normally I would choose a hunting rifle but the ammo is limited.
    Water Purifier - Since we'll most likely be closer to the beach we'll need this, also you can't completely trust the water on the island.
    Hand Saw - Can be used to build homes out of wood and cut meat from hunting.

• Fishing rod, knife, water purifier, and handsaw. I'll assume I am wearing something normal like jeans, sneakers, and shirt when I left there. I can make fire with items from the island if there are trees or wood.

• Tent, Water purifier, Knife and Vitamins

• 1. Mirror - absolute priority
    2. Knife
    3. Tent
    4. Hiking boots

There might be some variation depending on how big the island is and what kind of wild animals are on it.

• Hand saw, compass, knife, hiking boots.

None of the items are strictly necessary but those I think are the most useful ones, or the ones hardest to create yourself.

• Inflatable raft to escape the deserted island
    Tarp to help keep me warm, and to collect rain water for drinking
    Compass to find my way home
    Flair gun to signal any boats or plans I see

• Damn! Good question. I would say first aid kit (unless I can use nature as such), mirror, fishing rod, and water purifier. If I can use nature as first aid, then I would pick a knife (pending upon if there is a knife in the first aid kit) or pot.

• Tarp, knife, tent, and first aid kid. Best chances at survival.

• Knife, Water purifier, Rope, and Pot!

• First Aid Kit , Tent , Matches , Knife

• I can make something out of a knife or first aid kid

• Knife matches tent and you babe 😚😚😚😚😚😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

• Two of them that I find necessary are water purifier and first aid kit, but for the hell of it, gimme a knife and a rope.

• Weed.
    Knife.
    Handsaw.
    Flare gun.

• Knife, matches, hammock, pot (not the weed, the actual pot)

• Okie boots , hunting rifle, knife , compass

• Hammock to chill and look at the sunset. Ipod of course. water pumper for good water and hunting rifle

• tent knife fishing rod first aid kit

• Water purifier, knife, saw, and compass.

• Tent pot knife and the first aid kit :p

• hand saw, flare gun, rifle, matches

• knife, first aid kit, fishing rod, and rifle

• First Aid Kit, Knife, Tarp, and Water Purifier

• water purifier, knife, tent, fishing rod

• How long am I stranded on the island?

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 20

• Tent , hunting rifle , inflatable raft , ipod.

• Tent for shelter, knife for protection and hunting, matches for fire, and cooking pot to cook!

• so i'll have the inflatable raft / the knife/ hiking boots/ the fishing rod

• Tarp, pot, rope and bowie knife. Everything else can be made with a bit of ingenuity.

• Knife
    First aid kit
    Tarp
    Flare gun

• Tarp, first aid kit, vitamins, fishing rod. I was going to say knife but then i was like... i'll have better chances of getting food by fishing then using a knife.

• I pick First aid kit, knife, water purifier, and handsaw.

• First aid kit.
    Flashlight
    Toilet Paper
    Tent

• What will you do when you run out of toilet paper and the flashlight's battery goes dead?

• @9mfeo good point. I'll switch them out for the knife and the rope

• Inflatable raft, compass, rope and flashlight :D basically all the stuff I need to find my way back home

• Fishing rod (to catch my food)
    Water purifier (to drink water=survive)
    Handsaw (to cut wood, various objects)
    Tent (keep out of the sun, warm at night)

• A flare gun, fishing rod, 1st aid kit, knife

• Boots, tent, toilet paper, and sunscreen

• Boots, first aid kit, and hunting rifle.

• First aid kit
    Pot
    Knife
    Tarp

• Tent.. Insect repellent... Flashlight.. Flare gun.

• Inflatable raft, iPod , knift and first aid kit

• Rope, first aid kit, tent and the knife

• Knife, tent, hiking boots, and matches. May not be the best choices but I'm going with that.

• First aid kit, Inflatable raft, Flare gun, and Water purifier.

• Matches, knife, fishing rod, water purifier