What's the point of living in this world?

There are more negative things going on than positive. Overpopulation, starving people, terrorists, politicians, no rights, can't even raise your children the way you want, hell kids can't even go outsid without the threat of being abducted, everyone living off of the government so the government is controlling everyone, abuse, rape, murder, overcrowded jails, entitled people, kids not actually learning anything in school, endangered species, extinct species, Yulin, WBC, it seems like EVERYONE is racist these days, only working to pay taxes, with my degree and career I still can't afford a home without a roomate, etc.

There just seems like there's no point to living in this world. There's nothing to look forward too.

I chose 'other' not 'sexual behavior'?

Most Helpful Guy

• i bet you when you walk outside... you won't even see more than 10% of what you noted there. If you live in the western world, you're likely shielded from a lot of things that actually make the world a bad place to live in. Truth is that its not quite as bad as it may seem. I believe the point of living is to leave the world in a better place than when you found it, and you do so by positively impacting the lives of the people around you

What Guys Said 17

• I know how you feel. I agree with everything you're saying. It's insane. I remember when I was a very young boy looking around and thinking to myself something went very wrong here. And that was back in the SEVENTIES, when things were much kinder, simpler, and people actually connected. Really, it all changed with the advent and proliferation of computers. That's when it began to change into something even far more worse (even if there are good things about them). Later, cel phones came on the scene, and it began to get worse still. Now, with smart phones, it a totally different world. Utterly. I feel sorry for the children coming up into this. Life has lost so much of its charm, innocence, and warmth. Still, this is an incredibly beautiful world to share with the right person. You sound like a kindred and very special spirit. Sharing it with someone like you, whose eyes are open, and who is not deluded by it all, could still make for a wonderful life and journey. The main thing is to just be positive, and be the change you'd like to see in the world. Hopefully reminding others of these undeniable truths and values, and inspiring them to do the same by example. It's going to be a long process to return to this way of being, and take generations to do it most likely, but we can and must do it one soul at a time, reclaiming it again, and creating/rediscovering a sacred world once and for all, for all incarnate souls. Starting with ourselves. :)

• I don't know. I've been wondering that myself. People are so fucked up, I wonder if they are even human.

• To live, simply, is the answer. To love others, and be loved. To try and do some good with your life, and be the good in another's life. To fix this world, or at least try to. The world is a bad place. It's dark, depressing, and dangerous. That just means that good people are needed even more than in a moral world. Live your life to the fullest so that you can make yourself, as well as others, happy. Going through all this suffering, and sadness, but coming out as an inspiration to others, or a relief, will make it all worth it.

• i think destroying humanity would solve the problem.

• For me its help people spread love and kindness and peace!!

• Wow you pretty much summed it up you got that right buddy, but your alive now so you mine as well get the best out of it. Sure life sucks most of the time, but as long as you have a loving family or and friends it will seem less shitty also I just find things that I am addicted to and love and keep stimulating myself with those things.

• it's how it is, get over it.

• I guess the only real answer is that life holds whatever meaning you give it.

• I can't stand suffering and everywhere I look anymore...

• It's pretty grotesque, but it's very easy to focus on the bad things in life. There are millions of reasons to live and be happy, you just gotta wade past the crap to get to them.

• You see the negative much greater than the positive because you let yourself to see the only negative in this world.

• The point of living is to make the lives of those around you better.

• You might be happier if you turned off your TV and got off the Internet.

• You are right, but what can we do about it?

• You're right men as the progenitors of all life must end all life because what we call can no longer be called life
    . its just HELL. men should just believe that there is no love or life without torture, cruelty, destruction and use their sexuality to destroy life by using their sexual urges to absorb all the sadness and darkness in the world a body that is able to create sperm which create life and is also responsible for the design of the biodiversity of the species than that body must also conversely have the power to destroy all life. so why not use all the emotions such as the sadness and darkness, rage in your heart as a catalyst to turn yourself on instead of using the beauty of a woman to turn yourself on. would'nt that change the design of your own body into death itself and you would become death itself and find that converse power to destroy all life. wouldn't that make you a death god himself. this society only values your power to destroy their enemies and professes to make those who are weak helpless to survive and makes fun of them. well society and nature and the universe is weaker than you in this regard. so open your eyes to your true enemy, awaken yourself destroy them all both the beginning and the end of time, show them what true power is to those who abandoned you for being weak. show them what true power is by abandoning them. yes destroy both THE ALPHA and THE OMEGA.

• I don't mean to shove my religion down your throught but have you looked in to Buddhist philosophies especially the 4 noble truths?
    1. There is suffering in the world
    2. Suffering comes from desire
    3. There is a way to cease suffering.
    4. The way is the noble eightfold path.

• Well that's something you really have to find for yourself Martin Luther King Jr. once said "If a man has not discovered something he is willing to die for, he is not fit to live." I have something that gets me through my day and everybody has something different. I feel like my importance is to have saved lives. I'm a student and I aspire to be in the FBI one day. I have that keeping me going. I also have a dream that one day i'll find someone that really loves the person I am someone that I'm willing to die for 10 times over. I've already decided to put my life on the line for the citizens of these United States because their my passion. It hurts me and makes me angry deep down to see this nation in pain. So I do what I can to help it. If you find that you don't see a future for us and yourself or that you just have a bleak outlook. I beg you to look again. There are so many good people, so many people with tremendous pain and suffering. People that die everyday for no good reason. There a reason to push on, in there spirits. To help others that still have hope people in poverty around the globe. There are humanitarian efforts, there are people that devoted their life to helping other in Africa and the Middle East. In inner cities where troubled kids can be helped and can reclaim a future in society. So if you can't find a reason, then I beg you to LOOK AGAIN.

• Lol, someone watches too much news.

Seriously, that shit purposely distorts reality and hate and fear mongers for ratings. Negativity sells.

Turn that shit off. Then read credible sources. Just one example from what you wrote, the threat of your kids being stolen... that's bs. If you actually look at crime stats, these things are happening LESS every year, and that's been true for decades. The world has never been safer... but paranoia has never been higher, due to all the brainwashing that news and trash like that does.

Seriously, turn the news off. It's trash. Important things you need to know about? You'll still hear about them. If you can't kick that unhealthy obsession, at least sign up for a service that summarizes the whole week in just one condensed email or report.

• Why is this in sexual behavior? And why include Yulin from my beloved country? You are annoying

• Maybe leave the world

• One small city of Yulin doesn't represent the entire 1.3 billion people of China, the majority of Chinese people do not eat dogs and do not like torturing animals. Clearly I disagree with torturing animals and I want the practice to stop.

But you insulting my country and my beloved people I will not stand especially when you guys are so good at ignoring your own moral pitfalls all the time...

• Noone insulted your country, OP brought up what's happening in Yulin to be a terrible thing, you're just clouded by blind patriotism. I'm perfectly aware of all the crappy things in my country. Abuse of animals procured for meat, involvement with the Isreal - Palestine conflict, genocide in Haiti, genocides in India during WW2, etc.. I'd condemn them just as much as I would condemn dissonance in any other country

What Girls Said 12

• Well with that attitude, every country might as well nuke each other! :P

Sounds like you need to unplug from the worst parts of this world and go remind yourself what divinity exists in Mother Nature as well as what gifted, beautiful people still exist. Go watch some videos about positive human nature. Stay positive!

• Yup. Nothing good ever happens. No stories of management kicking people that stole from a blind guy out of a store. Or people taking care of other people. Or an animal getting rescued and leading a good life. Nope the world is full of sadness and despair.
    (The above is only true if you let it be)

• You almost had me until, "The above is only true if you let it be". No, what I stated above is true, watch the news. And before you tell me to stop watching the news I was always told to ignore is to be ignorant. Those who pretend everything is fine are part of the problem.

• Nope I choose to see the beauty in the world. Look outside at nature. Watch some animals. Spend time with your loved ones. Make memories. That is what life is about. life is as happy as you make it.
      And before you start talking about no it isn't. I have personally dealt with people that have not had much of a chance and are bogged down every day. Yet they taught me to look at life the way I do. Sometimes those with the least have the most to teach.

• Those will always exist, like air and light. I guess for me, it's about staying for everything that's right instead of choosing to go away for the one thing or couple of things that's wrong. You know, the whole looking at the silver lining thing.

We were given lots of years to live, might as well do something good about those years rather than waste it focusing on the negative. Those things you listed, people are doing something to ease those stuff, to make it less.

Besides, where else would we live? I heard Mars isn't exactly available yet for relocation :)

• I feel that way a lot of times too tbh

• There's a lot of good in this world. We only see the bad because that is what makes the news. It's all about the drama. It's what they want us to see. Don't focus on the bad. Look for the good and create your own good.

• umm maybe falling in love with your dream guy or girl and starting a family if you are into that?

• Seriously? Of all the things I mentioned your solution is a guy and babies?

• sorry was just trying to help :(

• So lesbianism is so normal here on GaG's, that you needed to add it as a natural option like it's a natural thing!!!

At most 10% are homosexuals in the real world, it's safe to assume she is not.

• Making a difference

• Solve problems and create our own paradise.

• Omgosh I do volunteer for the homeless, at an animal shelter, I foster pets, I'm a big sister...

Anymore all of those things are just a drain. There are no happy stories. The homeless rarely get a home. There are more animals than anyone wants. Being a big sister... her life is so horrible I don't see her having a chance as she gets older.

Every time I try to solve a problem it's replaced by 10 more.

• Use your imagination.

• "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!" - Rocky

• We really don't have a choice that is why we are here.

• Is that really what keeps you going, knowing there is no other choice?

• Yes because its all about perception. We create our realities so I just think about what I want my reality to be and how I can bring that into fruition. We have to make the most out of life instead of thinking about what holds us back.

• there's beauty too.

• To make the world better