How come whenever I get really sad and depressed, I feel like throwing up (and sometimes even do)? Is that normal for a 15 year old?

At night especially (sometimes during the day) I start thinking and I stay all night wanting to throw up. I don't force myself to throw up or purge. Can someone explain why this is happening?

I didn't me purge (please excuse that)
Thank you to those who answered. I appreciate it

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• It sounds to me like anxiety because that can really mess up with your stomach and get you down, and the more down you get, the worse your stomach is and the worse your stomach is the worst your anxiety/depression is.

Maybe seek medical advice and see if you can get help? I was suffering with anxiety last year and the doctor gave me tablets that really did calm me down and help

• Guess u get sick physically then... it happens when u r depressed actually

• Sounds like you had some form of anxiety attack.

• I don't know. I guess your mental state is affecting your physical state. Maybe see a doctor?

What Girls Said 0