Why don't other races/cultures other than black complain about having characters of their race in movies/tv shows?

I'm talking American pop culture and Hollywood.

Its always blacks compliaining that there not enough black lead roles or superheroes yet there are barley any Latino, Indian, Native, Mexican lead roles, characters etc.

I say Asians, Blacks and Whites have a large set of movies and products about them vs Indians, natives, latinos, arab etc.

Why do blacks complain about having more black leads when they have a lot of popular black characters out there. Maybe not as much as the us white people but they are still recognized for having iconic black characters compared to Indian and etc?

0|0
6|3

Most Helpful Girl

• They are trained to be sensitive to these types of things. Chinese people don't care that they aren't represented by the media and neither do Indians because they are largely not interested in becoming famous in western media. Most of them focus on finance or computer related careers instead.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I've heard white people complain about minorities playing traditional white roles. I've heard Asians say that there aren't many Asian superheroes and how that's unfair.

You're just retarded.

1|1
    0|0
    • Ever heard of anime? And there are plenty of Asian heroes and characters out there.

No need to get rude.

• you might be blind...

• They do, but you've just not been paying attention.

1|1
    0|0
  • They're just more vocal about their rights

0|0
    0|0
  • Black people are known to be strong and fight for what we want. We aren't known as dominant for nothing. Plus our race is more funny :)
    P. S we are not the only ones who complain, gay people complain too.
    Deal with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not know, nor care. I won't let moronic TV networks;such as, BET. Keep me from being away from black guys. I am a black girl and I honestly could give a care less about stupid, stereotypical, black tv shows. Eh

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Black is the biggest racial group in america after white. If there were more of the other groups our voice would be louder.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually Native Americans do complain it is just not as vocal given the population density and locations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pop culture should represent the cultural demographic equally.

1|0
    0|0