How do you know if you're wisdom tooth are coming in?

every morning I wake up without wearing my retainer, my back of my teeth or gum feels weird for awhile then goes away.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well for me there was a lot of pain/pressure when mine were growing in. I found it extremely uncomfortable and I barely ate when mine were growing in.

What Guys Said 5

• when I went to the dentist they told me I needed to get mine removed really really soon and I didn't feel abnormal or weird or anything, it all felt completely normal. so it would be best for you to go in for a check up and let them do an X-RAY.

• I thought people said it would get painful?

• only when he poked me like 10 times to numb the area around my teeth. then the doctor said if you feel pain during the procedure let me know and ill numb you more, im like fucking are you shitting me? that's really a possibility? fuck my life. well it was lying there for like 2-3 hours while they worked on me, so much drilling noises in my head and blood. all 4 removed at once. it didn't hurt until the numbing started to wear off and I made the mistake of NOT getting my painkillers asap so I was in agony for a good 30 minutes just spitting up blood and groaning until my vicodin came in hahaa.

• oh my bad, during the process no it didn't really hurt, there was a little discomfort and some slight stings but that's about it.

• Mine hurt like a bitch coming in as my mouth is kinda small and were cutting my gums and rubbing against my other back molars so I had to remove them right away.

• Your gums will be sore, irritated , you may run a mild fever
    you may notice white bumps like teeth breaking through
    i did all that stuff when i was a teen and my wisdom teeth
    was coming in and finally age 19 i had to get them removed
    mine hurt like hell coming in and i had a 86 year old dentist
    removed them and he was old fashion did not believe in pain
    medication, no stitches, i had to bite down on cotton swab to
    stop the bleeding and i had like 24-48 hours of hell in pain.

• Sounds like they might be coming through - Go to a dentist to make sure

• some small white spot would pop-up on yer gums i believe

What Girls Said 4

• haha.. i believe i still dont have ''wisdom'' teeth.. and i am 19

• it hurts a lot, it is not a typical hurt
    when i had mine i could not even sleep because of pain

• That weird feeling that comes and goes will turn into a lot of pain, so much you can feel it in your tonsils. Also rub your finger where it will come in and see if you can feel any bone or a lump.

• You can tell by the pain.