How can I get a job offer that I find acceptable for the time being quickly?

What sites should I try/ Or what places should I apply to? I feel like I don't apply for enough things anymore and that's not good. Just now it's already time for Presidential elections again and I want one of the campaigns to hire me. :/ All this time just goes by. I've had zero viable offers in 2013, 2014, and 2015. I need to do something different in the next week or two to get one. :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I found both my jobs at websites online. The first one on the employment opportunities page of my uni, which I suppose wouldn't apply to you. The second one I found on craigslist. Just go to craigslists/kijiji, the section based in your area and search for jobs that would be in the field of interest to you.

At this point, you shouldn't be too picky. The fact that you've been unemployed for 2 years will work against you for anyone looking into your application.

• My resume is fluffed up and full of filler. There aren't periods of unemployment in it, and really I've never had an actual job.. not one that lasted for more than a month.

• oh... you've never had an actual job? There must be a reason for that, if I assume that you've been applying for one for quite some time now?

Try going to an employment office. Their job is to help people get employed so it's worth a shot.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Factories (or other production environments). They're a good mid-line between work conditions and compensation, and they're usually easy to get into.

• oh yeah. A factory would be great on my eczema-ridden, cut up hands.

• Right. Well there's a trade-off to be made between "what you want" and "can be gotten quickly." If you're wondering how you're going to pay rent this month, you do what you must to survive.

Just don't get caught in the exhaustion trap. If you get into a factory that is going to work you 48+ hours/wk, you'll find that you have very little free time to chase that upward mobility, and you'll want to spend your one day off resting.

• I'd rather not be alive than what you suggest

• How "quick" is quickly? Also, what field?

• Quickly...

Politics, Communications, PR, media, journalism, TV/Film, marketing, advertising, etc.

• Any degrees or notable contributions?

• My resume says political science or communications BA depending on the version... and also I was on a Presidential campaign technically but I exaggerate and fluff it up