What kind of job you can get if you major in History & Journalism and minor in Gender Studies?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll add a personal touch to this. My own daughter graduated with a degree in Journalism. She now is a marketing manager for a major West Coast architectural firm.

How did the get there?

She is well organized and an efficient time manager. She is responsible for putting together proposals for new corporate contracts. Her writing skills made her the best person to edit and correct the narratives submitted by architects in their proposals.
    She holds people's feet to the fire when it comes to deadlines.

There is a lot you can do with journalism, but you also have to be efficient and determined to complete tasks in a timely manner. A little bit of good luck helped her too. Her first job was with our neighbor's firm before getting married and moving to California.

Your History major may steer you more towards legal work, but that's my guess.
    Get youself onto LINKEDIN and start building your résumé. There you will 'connect' with people who will see your credentials and seek you out. Good Luck.

What Guys Said 7

• Perhaps a teaching job in history?

Journalism would be another option, but keep in mind that journalism is kind of dying out... newspapers are dying because they can't compete with unlimited free news online, and more publishers are going the "Cracked" route with online, and paying people to write individual articles.

And gender studies? Seriously? You realize that's one of those most useless minors you're going to be able to pick? Pick something like Information Systems, or another computer subject.

• It's not there to get hired, it's there to learn. "Useless"... Don't take it personally, but this word makes me sick. Nothing is useless. You attend courses. You learn something. Something you're interested in. How is that useless?

• Journalism does not equal newspapers.

• you can study gender studies on your own, enough.

• I would think journalism or working for foundations in feminist/gender studies

• None that are lucrative within those fields. It depends on where you live but it's unlikely you're able to teach or run a gender coalition.

• Making click bait for youtube and failing at life in general.

• Serious answers please.

• A teacher?
    Professor at a university (Only if u have a phd)

• History& journalism seems to be very popular. Unless you've got top marks maybe Mcdonalds. Every chick seems to have gender studies so again shot low.

• maybe a waitress or a flight attendant

• Serious answer: Journalist, news reporter, museum curator, history teacher or professor, lawyer, specialist for the government

What Girls Said 4

• If you're lucky, you could work at a charity or non-profit. If you aren't, you could work a minimum wage job.

• I'm not sure actually. Something in journalism or possibly a history teacher? Working at planned parenthood?

• A barista at Starbucks?

• Serious answers please. No one is studying Liberal Arts here

• I hate to tell you this but I am being serious. A friend of mine majored in Journalism, another was an English major. One of them was pouring lattes at Starbuck, the other was mixing paint at Home Depot until she got married.

If you go on to get advanced degrees in those fields you may land a position as college faculty teaching in those fields.

Good luck!

• I think they were just unlucky.

• Journalism or Communications is a likely destination. It's not necessarily a great field, but there are jobs. Learning some graphic design, video production or coding would be valuable.