Do "trolls" bother you?

Also, let's define an internet troll. I'm not just talking about spammers, but people who go from post to post with the sole intention of cutting people down. I'd even dare to extend it to those people who spew out their opinions of what you say in a very rude, hostile manner not just to be humorous but out of plain lack of consideration and perhaps malice.

They really bother me on the internet and in real life as well. I've done my fair share of trolling but usually just to be funny at the expense of others, but... this going after people and reveling in making someone feel smaller. I can only imagine it comes out of a pain that they're experiencing because it doesn't seem natural...

Do they bother you? How much so? What's the meanest thing someone on here has said to you and what was the context?

I have pretty tough skin and am pretty arrogant, but it just catches me off guard sometimes I'm like woah... wth did I do to piss this person off so much to be that rude?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think gag needs to give us more control over our accounts. I have a stalker and he keeps changing accounts and jumping on my opinions. We should have the option to be able to prevent anyone commenting on our opinions. I am gonna leave gag due to this lack of control. I can't stop this stalker at all

• have you emailed gag?

• made you MHO so maybe GaG sees this and figures something out...

• Aww thank you! I appreciate your kind thought!!

What Girls Said 5

• They actually entertain me more than they bother me :>

• I like them when they're funny. The rude and harass-y ones are tiresome (the religious vitriol type doubly so).

• I only like the smart and witty ones, where it's difficult to tell if they're trolling or not. The ones that simply do it to stir the pot and get negative reactions are annoying and I don't waste any time on them.

• I might be slightly taken back, but no, I don't mind them.
    They're just there to screw around and mess with your head... so bet it, I'd rather laugh with them

• Not particularly. They can be very amusing.

What Guys Said 12

• They don't bother me, they're easily spotted and easily ignored..

media.giphy.com/media/MfIGtdhq6Q9aM/giphy.gif

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../troll-meme.jpg

• that's y i've blocked anons from my questions since many people go anon, just in order 2 troll/insult others. of course this doesn't mean there r anons who give helpful opinions, but many of em misuse this button

• The only trolls that bother me are the smart ones who I fall for.

• I dislike them but attention is their oxygen so I ignore them - I get you are 46 year old creep and pervert ( by the time I read pervert, they are blocked)

• No they are a waste of life and just sad loners with nothing to live for other than try and make others as sad as they are

• Not the funny ones only the ones who fail hard at trolling and even then watching them fuck up is kind of funny

• A troll isn't someone with a legitimate point to make. Trolling is when you don't really believe what you're saying and you're only saying it to get under someone else's skin.

If you honestly feel that way, you're not trolling.

• If its the troll intent to put others down, than yea otherwise they'd entertain meh 😎

• Nah i love trolls

• No, that is fun.

• There are 2 kinds of trolls:
    :( mean and inflammatory
    :) humorous

Trolling in a humorous way is the only thing that makes this site entertaining. Unfortunately there are too many dorks here who take this shit too seriously.

• No, they are entertaining most of the time. If they piss me off, then I just engage them with the same stupid shit that they do... no biggie!