Which society would you rather live in?

A) Nazi Germany (During 1939-1945)

Which society would you rather live in?
B) USSR / Joseph Stalin (During 1939-1945

C) North Korea (Present day)

D) ISIS / ISIL / Islamic State (Present Day)

• A) Nazi Germany
  • B) USSR / Soviet Union
  • C) North Korea
  • D) Islamic State
Funny how most people think Soviet Union, I went for Nazi Germany, It seems better than the other two :/.
Many of you may not know this, as 'History is written by the victor', But, Statistically speaking, The soviet union, I. e Joseph Stalin, was responsible for more deaths then Adolph Hitler :/.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nazi Germany, it was a pretty good place aslong as you weren't a minority

What Girls Said 14

• I think Nazi Germany would be the one I'd be least likely to die in, so let's go with that. Still a horrible place, but at least it'd be survivable.

• Soviet Union for sure, comrade.

• Why USSR? 0_o

• @Curmudgeon what was the point of responding to an opinion over six months old?

• It came up on my feed recently. I wonder why. Anyway, it's like choosing between different kinds of mass murder, a "Sophie's Choice" :(

• Hmm... Given the fact that I'm black and a woman I'd be fucked in all of them.

*Clicks the non-existent "Suicide" button.* :D

• Oh shit, Well. USSR would probably be your best choice then, You could move east and live of the land in Siberia or some shit xD

• THIS. Taco is correct.

• Tbh I chose Nazi Germany because I'm a girl and I think it's the society that girls were most respected in lol although as soon as women were married they were just motivated to get a lot of children but at least they were treated like human beings

• These questions just make you appreciate your life right now...
    But North Korea for me... I'd be automatically killed in the other 3

• Nazi Germany for sure!
    Considerng the fact that Im white and not jewish neither me or my family, it wouldn't be an issue living in Nazi German.
    You westerners have no idea how hard was to live in the soviet union, under the communist pressure, we had literally NOTHING. We had to wait in line for hours to buy a kilo of milk or half a bred, let alone meat or chocolate/candies... and that is not even an issue considering the other humiliating things that communists did to their people :(

• Nazi Germany *

• Yeah, Things were very bad in USSR, Especially in cities under siege like Sevastapol and Lenningrad where people were litteraly denied food unless they were soldiers, And even the soldiers only got like 2 slices of bread per day using old stale bread.
      Then not to mention when the USSR invaded the German homeland and raped thousands and thousands and thousands of german girls, women and old ladies. Its sick :/.

• Yes I agree with you :(

• Islamic State.

That pic looks badass. I know shit about History XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• You want to join ISIS as a female? 0_o. You would have litteraly 0 rights and be considered nothing more than a sex object.
      ISIS have litteraly commited DOZENS of terrorist attacks in the past few weeks alone (4 days ago they killed 30 British people on holiday and 6 europeans in Tunisia). They are in my opinion the biggest scum on earth :/.
      Being a young south American female, You would probably be best in Nazi Germany (The Nazi's liked south America).

• HAHAHAHAHA sure, they are fucking fuckers XD But the whole weapon thing looks so cool XD (don't pay attention to me, I'm super crazy)

• Islamic State. I am not a Muslim and do not agree with what they are doing but since I am quite and mind my own business I am probably safe there.

• You do realise as a women, under Sharia law in ISIS you would have essentially no rights and be considered nothing more than fuck meat for some arab dude?

• @Omar5881, Yezidis are not Muslim (Shia or Sunni), nor are they Jewish, nor Christian. It's closer to Zoroastrianism. They're one of the religious minority groups ISIS has tried to exterminate in Iraq.

• Still, I do agree Egypt has been a valuable contributor in the fight against ISIS. Credit where it is due.

• hell we live in nazi germany now that is the new united states

• Nazi Germany has litteraly fucking nothing in common with the US xD.

• Look at the stupidity of the things you are saying... you are honestly like an 11 year old -__-...

clearly you are incapable of having a mature conversation...

• i think someone missed nap time again today! time for night night...

• Nazi Germany, its the one I'm least likely to die.

• I want to say Nazi Germany since I am blonde.

• Haha, Just being blonde ain't enough to get special treatment in Nazi Germany ya know? xD

• lol yeah it was. The coward was obsessed with blonde haired blue eyed people. Why do you think he spared the Scandinavians?

• Nah, You were only considered ''Aryan'' if you had blone hair, Blue eyes, met height and weight + facial requirements, Also, You had to be able to prove pure German bloodline and heritage.
      But, Honestly, Aryan german civilians werent treated any differently then regular germans. The only time they were treated with prefference was in the military, Where Aryans could just elite units like the Waffen SS and would recieve priority medical treatment if they were wounded over other german soldiers.

• What's the point of this Q again? please

• Its just a 'What If' Question, No point, i just want to see...
      Which would you pick?

• Damn, That's a werid choice for a young white female 0_o,
      You would probably fair best in Nazi germany. Most likely to survive anyway.

• hahah yeah maybe a little bit weird

• Ussr was part of the Britain's allies so I guess I'm kinda safe

• In the USSR, The people were starved to death to feed the military, More people were actually killed by the Soviet Government (Joseph Stalin) then people were killed by Nazi Germany (Adolph Hitler).
      Britain and USSR weren't really 'Allies', The Allies included the US, Canada, Australia etc etc. USSR was part of the 'Comintern Pact', Which contained USSR, China, Mongolia and a couple other commie nations.
      Britain and America did not trust or like the USSR, They only fought along side them because it was the only way to beat Germany.

• I am currently study this in history
      I know Russia had it bad but they were allied if only barely with Britain so I'd stand some chance

• I am not denying that. You would not be hated in the USSR because you are British, But that dosen't change the fact that you were incredibly likely to starve to death in the USSR during WW2.
      Even though Britain + Germany were at war, Germany probably had more respect for British people then the USSR.
      Why do you think British POWs (Prisoners Of War i. e captured solidiers) were put in specially built prisons with good food and stuff, Yet, American POW's were executed / bad prison camps / labour camps and Russian soldiers were quite simply either executed, left to starve to death or put into concentration camps for extermination / work death.
      a lot of Russians disliked Britain because Britain at the time was the the most influencial nation on earth (Given the British empire) and the USSR was jeleous of that.

• Oh how horrid. I guess choice b

What Guys Said 39

• The USSR was one of the biggest lies in history. They claim everyone was equal (Communism) but they killed millions and millions of people, the people were dying from starvation, and the government was one of the biggest dictatorships ever.

I hate all of those societies, but if I have to choose, I'll go with Nazi Germany. They knew how to govern a country, since they brought them from nothing, just right up there, at the top. Sure what they did next was atrocious, but when it comes to standard of life, Nazi Germany was the best of all 4.

• I agree !!
      Sadly, As i said in the post, History is written by the victor, And people dont get taught nowadays about the atrocities the USSR did during the war, Which in my opinion were worse then that of Nazi Germany.

• If Nazis wanted to recognize me as a German for my 1/8 (or 1/16, I for got it) German ancestry, I would rather go to Germany LOL. But seems not likely. :(

• @WilliamWinslow Hahahaha I think the only thing they cared is that you looked white and not Jew xD

• Nazi / germany = me beng Asian and dying
    Stalin = cold and no interwebz back then.
    North korea = cannot escape.
    Islam state = i can at least try to escape to US Embassy where i prove my American citizenship and fly back home.

• Nazi germany was actually allied with Japan during WW2, So, You could just say you have a japanese heritage and you will be fine ;)
      Stalin - This guy actually was responsible for more deaths then hitler, Sadly this is not as recorded in history as 'History is written by the victor''.
      North korea - Yeah... very very bad :/.
      ISIS - The will probably track you down and butcher your family :/.

• There is no US embassy to go to in Syria. Your best bet would be Rojava - Kurdish controlled territory, in the northeastern part of the country. Westerners who want to fight ISIS have been signing up with them for a year now.

• "This guy actually was responsible for more deaths then hitler, Sadly this is not as recorded in history as 'History is written by the victor''.

Actually this IS recorded as history. Ever since the 1960s. Every elementary school kid knows (or should know this). However, if I have to chose between bad options, I'd have to go for USSR.

• I'd say Nazi Germany. I'm of Scandinavian descent and I'm not Jewish so I could probably pass undetected. I'd just hope to not get bombed by Americans >.<
    North Korea might think I'm some sort of western spy if I lived there.
    ISIS um.. they probably wouldn't take too kindly to atheists in their mists lol

• Soviet Union no contest.
    Why?
    1) I speak Russian
    2) I have relatives that lived there
    3) It's anti-theist state while I am an atheist (I don't hate religion but I wouldn't mind living in a society without it)
    4) There is a lot less discrimination than in Nazi Germany and Daesh
    5) Free education and health care
    6) Awesome summer camps
    7) Great music and films
    And finally and most importantly
    8) As long as I stay quiet and don't talk criticize the regime or advocate for Ukrainian independence I would live just fine.

• 1) You would have had all your food taken off you to feed the war effort
      2) All men in your family would be conscripted, and sent into the meat grinder that was the eastern front
      3) You're sick? Too bad, All doctors have been routed into the army.
      4) You are more likely to be killed by your own government then the invading enemy.
      I think those reasons alone outweight ''Great movies and films'' and ''summercamps''... xD

• I guess your not a fan of the Soviet Union
      1) I'm a Ukrainian and me being able to comment here is proof that my family survived the Holodomor. Plus that was mostly directed towards nationalist elements which my family was not a part of. Yes there were food shortages but people survived.
      2) What's wrong with fighting for your country? My family members were the first in line very few were conscripted.
      3) Ok you got me there but it doesn't hurt to learn a thing or two about medicine to be able to survive. I doubt you would die from a cold and that is the most common illness.
      4) People weren't arbitrarily killed unless they posed some sort of presumed threat to the system. What threat does an average working person pose?

• North Korea - You got this idea from me though, I assume ^^

Why? If I behave well, I get privileges and nice present from the dear leader <3 :D lol

• North Korea

i hate 30s/40s and NK seems 2 b better than Isis

• Early day Nazi Germany would be fine for a strapping young Germanic man such as myself.
    ... But then people say I look a bit Jewish, so that would end badly.

• As disgusting and evil as Nazi Germany was, it *was* an affluent society, at least until wartime rationing took effect. It was also a society of great, if immoral, technological progress.

• Either North Korea or Nazi Germany.

I have brown hair and green eyes, so they probably would've ended up killing me eventually, but I'm not Jewish, Romanian, crippled, or gay, so I probably would last a while.

In North Korea, they aren't really that hostile as long as you follow the rules, especially if you're an outsider. The main problem would be obtaining food, water, and shelter.

• You know, In Nazi Germany, They didn't just kill everyone who didn't have blond hair and blue eyes right? Haha, The overwhelming majority of Germans did not have blonde hair and blue eyes, But those who did were considered ''Aryan'' (Which means Noble).

Having blonde hair and blue eyes just meant you could join special military groups (Such as Waffen SS) as oppose to getting into a shitty Whermacht army role (Which you recieved worse training, Worse weapons and lower medical priority).

• I know they wouldn't kill me outright, but that was in their eventual plan. It may have been decades, or even centuries later, but it would happen eventually.

• The Soviet Union - I think it could possibly be the fairest of the 4

• I would rather live in Nazi Germany. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm heterosexual, and I'm an undenominated Christian. And i have no mental or physical defects.

Hitler ain't got nothin on me!

• It's actually widely believed Hitler was an Athiest/Agnositc ;)

• I'm aware, but he still didn't discriminate much against Christians, and when he did, it was mostly directed towards Catholics, and I'm not Catholic.

• Those are all really bad. Stalin was a lot worse than most people realize. If I had to pick one I would probably pick Nazi Germany at least you could hide and have a chance of survival.

• Hmmm, great question, I would say North Korea because unlike Nazi Germany and the soviets, they do that've the recourses to have the absolute control they had, a ton of stuff goes under their noses and their to stupid/ poor to enforce all of their hair brained laws, ISIS however, there just wild animals who will kill, rape and pillage anything they want. There is no order, no laws, just random killing. That's why I choose North Korea

• wheres president day USA?
    we have the biggest sense of false freedom ever!

• Damn, that's a tough one.

• I only stands a chance in North Korea

• I would guess that the Islamic State would be the easiest to escape.

• Soviet Union was awesome.

• Uhm... No... its really wasn't... Joseph Stalin caused more deaths then hitler...

• So which one would you pick if forced?
      a.) bad choice: millions die.
      b.) very bad choice: a whole country dies.
      Rhetoric question.

As for Putin: he has opposition, but since he's actually fixing the country, his opposition looks miserable, becomes irrelevant and those parties disband. There are some libtards that are funded by US, but they're rather miserable.

As for democracy, there's more democracy, common sense in Russia and more free speech that in, say, USA or EU.
      In case someone has forgotten (or is too young to study that in school), "democracy" is basically "majority rules".

• Anyway, off to bed, new awesome job awaits tomorrow :)

• USSR, because everything would be devoted to kicking the Nazis out of my homeland and it would only last 6 years. I'm black, an atheist and North Korea is hell, so none of the others.

• Mhmm i see, but, from a historical standpoint, Joseph stalin was responsible for more deaths then Hitler :/.

• USSR under Stalin power was as bad as the Nazi Regime.

• Except they weren't killing people for the sake of just killing and I'd be stuck there when they were more focused on killing Nazis than their own people. Am I the only one that saw the 1939-1945 mark?

• between Russia and Germany, I chose Germany. Both were bad, and Stalin did have more killed than Hitler. But the reasons of the deaths were totally different, and Hitler came out as more worse by his view points on people like Jews, Gypsies, and homosexuals. Stalin was a paranoid man who had his own people killed. So both were pretty darn bad on a equal level.
    Hitler did help Germany out its economic crises and he helped Germany as a whole.

• Nazi Germany. Having blue eyes, blonde hair, and being good at keeping my mouth shut about political opinions would, I suspect, keep me reasonably safe in that society. Assuming I'm the only person I know who has to wind up there.

• Nazi Germany, then Stalinist USSR. both had positive virtues (, i. e. Hitler and Stalin). Kim Jong UN or whoever doesn't.

• Stalin killing more people than Hitler? where did you get those statistics from? Hitler killed people under brutal conditions and for laughable reasons. You can't compare the two. I voted USSR.

• The number of deaths associated DIRECTLY to stalin are 49-50 Million, Though, Many believe that number is closer to 60 million.
      Meanwhile Germany killed what, 6 million jews? a few million other 'Undesireables'?
      Stalin killed WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more people then Hitler, You think stalin didn't do it under Brutal conditions? He litteraly massacred and starved his own people... at least hitler was efficient with his methods of extermination (Instant Gas Death) whereas stalin let people have long painful starvation...
      ''where did you get those statistics from?'', Uhm... Historical fact? Where did you get your reasons to disagree with it from? Did you pull them out of your arse? People fail to realise how bad the USSR actually was and just assume Germany was worse when it wasn't.
      And, In all fairness to Hitler, (Not trying to justify him), Pre Holocaust, Germany was getting fucked HARD by a lot of US Bankers calling in loans (Who all happened to be jews). Hence hate.

• 1), Yes you are right, There is no evidence to support it, Thats why 50 million people just vanished...
      2) 14 Million? Fucking bulshit and you know it. Just because there is nothing written in paper that accounted for every single person dead dosen't mean it didn't happen. This is ww2 USSR fffs, There is no possible way they could have, or would have recorded their own massacres and genocide... thats the type of shit the gov would want to keep hidden, hence why an estimate is so hard to make (Which is why its 49-60 Million).
      3) Those 10 Million soviets were soldiers, not civies, There is a big difference between killing other soliders during a war then civilians, If you look at it that way, Then the allies were just as bad as the Axis, which just isn't true...
      4) Jews + Gays + Black + Gypies + etc etc etc made up 11.3 Million people. x5 times less than Russia.
      5) 20 minutes gas vs months of starvation, which is quicker?

• Jesus you clearly haven't read my response since i clearly explained that Jews were tortured in a much greater extent than the people who died under the Stalin regime, so your starvation reason is not proving anything and neither is your lack of evidence. You are further refusing to acknowledge that 10 million civilians were killed which is a brute FACT.

The Jews and civilians were treated much worse by Hitler. Go and do your research and then come back, if you are going to blab more nonsense i won't reply back so think about what you are going to say.

• I'd probably do best in Nazi Germany.

• USSR - - -

• USSR didn't become truly bad until after the war, provided you weren't on the front.

• USSR Butchered almost its entire army in ''The Great Purge'', And during WW2 starved its own people to feed the troops.
      More Russian civilians were dying of starvation then the Russian troops AND German troops combined.
      During WW2, Stalin was responsible for more deaths then Hitler :/.

• Yes, But if you lived in western USSR... You were going to have a VERY shit time :/.

• Russia is a huge fucking place. A world of difference between Leningrad and Vladivostok, and 9000km add well. The question does not specify where in Russia in meant to choose.

• Just one thing to clear up, am I me, because this determines how you would be treated, I would be treated a lot better in Germany then the Middle East for example.

• I'll go with D because A, B, will both kill me for not being white.

• Unless your arabian, Chances are D would kill you aswell.
      If you however are Asian you could try to scrape a living in East USSR away from the war, Or, If you are japanese or look japanese you could pretend to be so and live in Nazi Germany (Since germany was allies with Japan).

• Well. Lets not forget here, The Government would probably steal your food, and if you showed any distrust over it they would burn your house down and kill you xD.
      But, The best you could hope for if the government did find you would be to get conscripted into the military and have a pretty poor chance of surviving the war :/.
      You know, 80% of males born in the Soviet union in 1923 did not surive past WW2, Those are the kind of odds you face in USSR in WW2 :/.

• I guess like you said it would just be best to commit suicide lol.

• I hate isis and north Korea so I will pick the Soviet union

• Up until the war started, Germany was flourishing. The economy was great. They were better off than the US. But Hitler had to throw it all away

• Eh, War war inevitable really, He couldn't avoid it even if he tried :/.

• More from Guys
    9