If someone made a 'marriage pact' with you, would you take it seriously?

If it was something like: "if we're both single when we're 28, we'll get married". Would you actually follow through on it?

0|0
4|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Possibly. That entirely depends on the circumstances. Like if I'm in a bad place, or if I have something else that needs more of my attention than a relationship or marriage, then I wouldn't do it. I also wouldn't get married just like that either, I would want to try to date him first. I would give the relationship a shot, but I wouldn't get married on a whim.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I wouldn't even make one. That's got "bad idea" written all over it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd never enter into such a dumb pact like that to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was serious probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would see it as humour... and if I'd say that it would probably also be just a joke :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if that person was really hot and out of my league. But she probably wouldn't take it seriously.
    Like I would definitely make a marriage pact with Scarlett Johansson, but she probably wouldn't go through with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybeee... does she lift?

0|0
    0|0
  • The only girl I could ever see myself doing that kind of thing with would be my best friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope... nope...

0|0
    0|0
  • waste of time and effort, life is what you make off at that second. Our own plans rarely happen the way we want it, two people involved, forget about it!

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was close enough with that person I'd say lets start dating now and then get married if we are feeling it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't take it seriously until you're actually engaged to be married. Other than that, it's just a notion...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know if I would but I knew somebody he did. He dated a bunch of girls and nothing worked so he ended up marrying his best friend who he had no romantic feelings for before he proposed to her. Now they have 3 kids and have a very good marriage.

1|1
    0|0
  • Lol I've made several marriage pacts with friends and no- I always took them as a joke hp

1|1
    0|0
  • Most likely I would have though the pact was a joke in the first place.

0|0
    0|0