What are some of your most favorite final fantasy worlds?

Mine would be Ivalice. I love the many races in that world. ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• My favorite world is the one in Final Fantasy VIII. I just think it did the best job of fleshing out the different countries and giving them all a unique feel. Galbadia and Esthar were really fun to explore. They each had their own backstories and politics, each with interesting characters to keep the story moving along at a good pace without making you feel railroaded like in Final Fantasy 13.

I have mixed feelings about Gaia though. To be honest the world of Gaia feels pretty contrived. I mean there is a nice variety but it seems too varied in places with little to no explanation as to why two neighboring towns are so radically different and the badass story about Shinra blocking out the sun becomes meaningless soon as you leave the slums.

Final Fantasy 9 also had an epic world. Basically my opinion is that 7, 8, and 9 had the most open and in-depth worlds. 8 and 9 were really better than 7 when it comes to world design because they had more side quests and you could challenge almost any NPC to a card game. I think they really messed up with 10 making it more about graphics and voice acting, ever since Final Fantasy games have mostly been really pretty theme parks. 13 was the worst, pretty much killed my faith in Square Enix.

What Guys Said 5

• I think i'd have to go with Vana'diel I love all the varied environments and kingdoms!

• Ivalice, since final fantasy 12 was my favorite :D

• I like Gaia

• I have never gotten into final fantasy

• Gaia looks sexy

What Girls Said 2