Any tips for college freshman year?

I'm going to attend a university next year, and wanted know some tips and how was your experience?

It's only a couple mins away from where I live, should I get a dorm or stay here with my mom to save money?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is really up to you - If you are real social and can afford it I would go dorm and if you are a homebird satay with your mom

What Guys Said 3

• Look first of all there is nothing wrong in living with ur mother. Be kind to her and love her thats all she wants. I still live with my parents. Im doing job i support them monetarily and i take care of house hold. They r old and its a blessing to take care of them
    Now coming to ur concern number two
    1: In university its all about doing work on daily basis. I kept Friday as free day. Id go to uni but won't work at home. Watch movies go out with friends or do whatever i want. On weekend id spend time to revise week's work
    2: the more the group member the more work ull have to do urself.
    3: teach others. Teach others a lotttt!!! Ull learn more than u could think
    4: if u spoil ur test dont beat urself up. There is always another chance.
    5: be proactive, put first things first
    6: show ur teachers how much effort u put in.
    7: never give up now matter how much some work will seem impossible. Ull get hold of it eventually
    8: never compromise ur study hours. There will always be people who would waste ur time in the name of combined study.
    All the very very best for ur university, i wish that u always cherish the memories u make there :)

• Always remember the reason you are attending collage. Don't get mixed up in all of the parties or anything like that. Because your future as an adult is far more important than all of that.

• Dont get drunk and pass out, it never ends good

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly think you should stay at home and save your money. Living on campus can be very expensive. I know some people will argue that you won't get the whole "college experience" but I really feel like the "college experience" is overrated anyway. I'm going into my senior year of college and I have commuted from home since my freshman year since I live so close to the University. College is expensive, you'll be paying a lot for tuition, textbooks, and all of the materials you need. You should save money where you can. Think about the long-term. When you graduate from college, you're going to want to have as little debt as possible.

You can also still make friends and be involved in the campus community, even if you don't live on campus. I'm sure there are clubs or organizations you could join and of course you'll meet the people in your major. A good tip I have for any college freshman though would be to read the textbook and develop good study skills from the beginning. College classes are conducted much differently than high school so it may take some adjusting. It's okay to have fun in college, just don't forget the main reason you're there, to get an education :)

• Study hard - even if you think its easy because NOTHING is more important than your GPA. When guys approach you - date the smart ones and not the hot ones.

• If your that close stay, stay home. I'll be a freshman too, and I'm dorming.