Why do I get drunk so easily?

Recently I didn't drink for about 8 weeks while training for a Spartan 20km. My bodyfat % is pretty low, my metabolism is pretty high, but I have always been able to enjoy more than a few drinks. Lately though I feel like if I have more than 2-3 drinks, I'm done!

Why is this? Could all these things have effected me so quickly, hard? I don't want to NOT drink (unless for a specific reason) but I also would like to have a couple of beers or glasses of vino without feeling like I am going to pass out.

Most Helpful Guy

• NICE, I envy you I missed my chance to do the spartan race when I had the chance and now I have to wait for it to come back around to my state lol.

And my guess is your alcohol tolerance is down from going straight and not drinking for two months lol. The more you drink the higher your tolerance will get, just slowly increase your intake of it over the course of several weeks or months and it should rise.

• Yeah man, the Spartan is crazy. Due to the outbreak of MERS though it had to be postponed till 31st Oct... so just as I get used to drinking I'll have to cut again, hahaha.

• Lol, yeah I want to be in that race so badly, just finishing the damn thing is worthy of recognition, I hear it's insanely hard to do lol.

What Girls Said 1

• If you are thin or not used to drinking alcohol or from an Asian country you might get drunk easier then other people. I think most people know that white people have a higher tolerance for alcohol.

• Yeah, I wouldn't say Im thin, but I def have a low bf% doesn't help cause less fat to break up the alcohol I suppose.

What Guys Said 2

• Simple the break and lower body fat

• Your adh gene isn't induced. Seriously. Take a small glass of wine daily for a week. You'll see a difference.