Why can't people accept that NOT EVERYONE agrees with homosexuality?

Most Helpful Guy

• it's hilarious, really. 'equality' is the fanatical religion of today, and the left is the inquisition.

• Like the right is the Crusades. Come to think about it, the right actually describe the inquisitions also.

What Girls Said 14

• Same reason people don't wanna accept racism, sexism, etc. Hate should not be accepted.

• Nobody said hate.

• it's not hate to not agree/support.

• Hmm, to be precise, it's not "hate" that's in the processed of being banned, it's also any opposition to gay marriage.

Though I have to ask... why should people have to be accepting of homosexuality? What is wrong with being discriminatory against gays?

• i'm used to people making rude comments about my religion and jeering at me for not jumping on trends. i can't even give my fucking opinion, have to water it down to avoid being made fun of, challenged and bitched at.

• You don't have to like it but your not liking it can't be the reason other people can't do it. I dont like that people eat meat but if they still want to et meat well that's their business. Am I going to tell them that I think it's dumb and that it's bad that they're doing it, yes. But I'm not going to slap every sandwich they eat onto the floor because they an eat what they want.

• Not to be rude, but why tell people is dumb or bad. Why not just don't give a fuck?

• (*high five*) Cruelty to animals and eating meat re to different things to me. For starters animals have always eaten one another, so humans really aren't much different. If a company was knows for cruel treatment of animals then that I could understand, but saying it's bad to eat meat period I could never get.
      Again no offence meant, but I personally hate when people trying and convince someone to change something about themselves when it's not hurting anyone. It just not any better than tell gays they shouldn't be gay. It no one is being hurt then what's the problem.

• @Dark_Scorpio well someone is being hurt and that's the animals. I don't really care if you et meat because that's natural and animals do it. But the treatment of the animals while they're alive is awful. And so I boycott the meat and dairy industry. And I hope other do to.
      Many people forget that it does hurt someone because they ant verbally communicate their pain or advocate for themselves so I see it as my duty to help those that don't had a voice.
      Also some people are really afraid if you going to hell, like really afraid. And they legitimately think they're helping with by spreading the bibles teachings. So I always thing if you disagree with it mention it once, try to help them understand your point and then back off.

• It's not a problem when someone disagrees. What's wrong is someone trying to impose, through laws or other regulations, on the lives of others.

• Yes, my point exactly. It's ok to disagree, it's not ok to try to impose through legislation.

• Because we need to get rid of hate and ignorance

• Sadly by legalizing gay marriage you will only create more hate and ignorance.

• Then don't get married to a chick @valchick they have the right to be happy. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness according to Thomas Jefferson

• Because their opinion is wrong.

• I have no idea. I'm not gay, and I don't know anyone who is... so it doesn't affect me. Personally, I think everyone should have equal rights, however I respect everyone's opinion.
    You are entitled to whatever you think

• There's a difference between accepting and letting them have their way. Whether they like it or not, the LGBT community deserves the same rights as everyone else.

• They think the right to have sexual relations is a human right. Is it? Well that depends on you.

• Im bi sexual + DO accept peoples right to individual & personal beliefs :)

• How can people "disagree" with homosexuality? It is a phenomenon observed in many animals. How can you disagree with that?
    It's like disagreeing with the concept of gravity or whatever.
    That doesn't even make any sense and you probably need to rephrase your question.

• Sure, and not everyone agreed with white and black people attending the same school, women in the workplace, Jews in Germany, etc. We can accept that's the way things are/were, while also condemning it for not giving marginalized people the same rights and treatment as human beings that is being afforded to everyone else.

• I can accept that they think it's wrong, but that doesn't mean I won't fight to keep that attitude out of legislation, and that doesn't mean I won't stand up for gay people. I support equality, not oppression and discrimination.

• Why can't people just mind their own business, live and let live...

What Guys Said 17

• Because the American SA specializes in thought control, much like their German predecessors did. They begin early - kindergarten. Porn in kids' faces. Destroying gender distinctions. Kids who insist on the obvious or object to something crude or vulgar, and who do not conform, are punished for non-conformity.

Kids are given values "clarification" that young, to morally confuse them and compel them to forge opinions based not on any medical or sociological insights which their parents or ministers ought to be ready to inform them of; but rather, to form opinions based on what they think will make them popular.

Again, there are instances where kids who refuse to be indoctrinated and who speak up and cite literally anything in their defense are given scarlet letters and what-not.

By high school, virgin shaming further is encouraged, to silence all talk of self-restraint or of a lifestyle that isn't obsessed with some form of sex.

Historical revisionism is further rammed through, with stiff penalties for all who dare protest the narrative. Leaders soon can afford to be lazy: peers become enforcers and punish all resistance to the narrative.

The narrative teaches hatred toward all who might object to the sexual entitlement mindset, encouraging oppression of objectors while simultaneously labeling objectors as "oppressors" and reveling in hypocrisy. Objection is labeled "hate," regardless what form it comes in and regardless of presentation style. Actual hate is the prescribed "remedy."

Kids soon learn this is a license to be cruel against an acceptable target - the Old Adam's dream come true. And they carry that wrong-lesson-learned with them into adulthood.

It extends far beyond homosexuality too. The FreeKate movement was rife with pro-pedophilia activists who are completely shameless and admit what they want is degenerate. Even amongst normal relations, virgin-shaming is at an all-time high.

• I think it is obvious to all that not everyone agrees with homosexuality. So if we all accept that not everyone agrees with homosexuality, what are you really asking?

• They're not accepting it though.

• That not everyone agrees with homosexuality

• Everyone know that not everyone agrees with homosexuality. Since they know it that means that they accept that not everyone agrees with homosexuality. I think you are trying to ask why people don't let you discriminate against homosexuals.

• Not agreeing with it is not the problem, actually. The problem is trying to stop gay/lesbians from having their civil rights based on your personal beliefs. Your conscience is your conscience. Just don't try to interfere in other's personal lifes because of it.

Take care.

• Because the people who disagree with it tend to be more vocal about it. They make sure that you understand that they are 100% against it, even if you don't care. Even when they get their uneducated point across, they'll continue to talk about why they are against it.. it just never ends.

People who accept homosexuality hardly ever say a word about it.

• @RationalMale hit it right on the head. The way things are going, we will all be sent to re-education camps to stamp out any thinking that runs counter to the Politically Correct Mindset.

• i think gays are cool, but we shouldn't be celebrating them, too be honest i am sick of hearing about gay people, this last weeks is really been a drag

Sloots gonna sloot
    Gays gonna gay

ain't nothing gonna change brotha

• I accept that notion just fine.

What I don't accept is discrimination and the hateful speech that many anti-honosexual people perpetuate.

• *homosexual

• what qualifies as 'hate speech' i wonder? if i say homosexuality is a destructive lifestyle, is that hate speech? if i can back up my statement with verified statistics and. facts, is it hate speech or rational logic?

• @RationalMale American Bar Association says the following of hate speech: "Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits." This is the definition that, in general, most people adhere to.

Your assertion isn't something that I personally would qualify as hate speech, no, because it's not inflammatory. And taking it one step further, while I wrote that I didn't accept discrimination and hateful speech, I also recognize that homophobics are granted certain protection under the laws, and I would never want to strip them of their rights (i. e. equalities) to have that.

In short: I don't want to make it illegal for people to be homophobes or bigots, and yet the large majority of people that would fall under these umbrellas would gladly make it illegal for gay people to have equal protection under the law.

• because that would mean they want their rights to be more important than others. and they don't want to admit it

• Everyone was already equal. Pervert special privileges were about gay supremacy and control. This is evident in that now that they have the Spineless Court contradicting its previous ruling regarding its rationale for defending Obama's refusal to enforce DOMA (lawlessness, btw); now that they (think that they) have the redefinition of marriage in the bag - it's suddenly not enough anymore!

They are already demanding "rights" *to* children trumping rights *of* children - even for known molesters! They are also engaging in massive acts of public exhibitionism, lewd public conduct that would land anyone else in jail, and are now demanding "reparations" from those who didn't agree with them. Because disagreeing with them is now somehow the same as putting them on slave ships. Good gravy!

• i wonder how long it will be before pedophiles can do what ever they want, i have already heard of one guy who is taking the issue to court

• People won't just understand that difference is what makes life. If there are straight and gay people in the world, then there will also be those who agree and disagree with it. No matter how much we try, differences in tastes and opinions will always exist. If everyone understands this, then life will be a lot better. But again, not everyone can understand because we are different. People are just stupid.

• Live and let live - I don't agree with you but you are entitled to your view

• I don't care as long as you don't commit hate crimes and I don't suggest bringing the bible to the equation because let's be honest the most hypocritical people in the world are religious folk and I'm a semi religious person

• Because some people actually want society to get better. Just because there are still violently racist people doesn't mean it's ok for them to spread their hate to their children.

Your ignorance is holding us back.

• Go white knight somewhere else

• Spread their hate to their children, is actually their rights as parents. How gave you the right to tamper with the free of expression?

• hold back how? anything goes.

• Well dont agree with it then? I've had sex with men before, and women, and no one will stop me lollolololl

• There is no reason that you shouldn't. What reason could there possibly be?

• because theyre babies. People have any rightt to any opinion.,

• I agree with you,

• Because liberal parasites are oversensitive and demand everyone to have the same mindset as them. They have the mind of "You're either for gay marriage or we're against you."

• You see the amount of libertarians who disapprove of my comment? Just exactly how I described them on my comment, they hate the truth.

• Typical liberal

• @Asker
      Haha, liberals love democracy as long as we agree with them...