Convince them to let me keep the cat?

How would you convince your parents to let you keep a kitten? :p

I found a kitten a week ago. It was living by the fire barn across the street. Tonight I caught it. It's in my house now in a carrier. I want to keep it. We have two horses, one dog, one barn cat and one house cat. We used to have 2 house cats but one died 2 years ago. We have the space, time, and money for the new cat. How would you convince your parents this is a good idea?

Otherwise I'm bringing it to the humane society on Friday .

Lol unfortunately... no dice. Kitty, named "Fireball" by my sister, made the journey to the humane society this afternoon. I think my parents noticed the attachment and cut that thing off so... haha

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• Sorry to hear about Fireball

• Lol it's okay. Given how territorial our barn and house cats are I wasn't holding out much hope.

• Tell them first you made a new friend... than bring in the friend.
    If you have already had cats it probably won't be a problem :-)

• say to your parents: "one way or another I'm going to be playing with my pussy every night. The choice of what that exactly entails is up to you..."

• I can't really since my sister and my mom are allergic

• Cats are very independent and self-sufficient, just tell them you really want to keep this one and that you are going to take care of food and changing the littler which is pretty much the only thing they need.

• booo!!! cats rule.. Im sorry kitty had to go

• i wouldn't worry to much, it is really hard to say no to an adorable kitten.

What Girls Said 2

• Can you find a friend who would be interested in adopting the cat? Post an ad on craiglists in the rant and rave section about your kitten. You should get a response very quickly cause you have hundreds of thousands of people visiting that site everyday. Maybe see if you can sell the kitten to a pet store.

• "It's a BABY and it LOVES you already!" or you could point out that it will help the older house cat active. It's a foundling. Obviously God wants you to have it.