Solo Female Traveler, Scared to Death! Advice?

Hello everyone! I will be travelling to Europe in 7 days, all by myself for the first time. I must admit that I'm really scared to go alone. Any of you ever traveled alone? How did it go?

thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I've traveled outside of the country a good amount of times and the following are my advice/tips to which you could use or not. I would find the closest US Embassy and check-in a way for the gov. to know you are 'in country' if shit really goes bad in the worst way, get a map and plan out all the possible routes to and from your hostel/hotel and to any other planned sites you are going to be visiting, have a list of emergency cell#s written on paper in your backpack/purse in case you phone dies/breaks, gets lost/stolen, especially the hotel/hostels so that way someone can guide you back, I would even find a place to buy pepperspray/a small handknife just in case someone thinks your an easy target and I'm going to say this part again buy it once you've landed that way those asswipe TSA fool don't run a muck when going through security. Let you credit card companies and banking institutions know you will be travelling outside of country so they don't lockout your card from international purchases. I would even find the weather report from the prior week to gauge what needs to be packed, Bring cash to exchange along as well that way you would only need to use a credit card as a means of a back up. Get to know the locals they may even be willing to tell you spots that are not very known to tourists. Hmmm, I would tell someone whom you trust that you're going to Europe and checkin every now and then so that way someone back in your country Canada knows where you are at any given moment. Lastly, Happy Canada Day and happy travels !!!

What Guys Said 5

• Yes I have travelled alone, it was fine just be sensible

• Yeah I did and it was a blast

• What countries are you planning to visit. Also be careful of pict pokers

• I'm renting a car in holland, visiting Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Switzerland :D

• Sure! That will be appreciated :)

• Sweet as check back in about 2 to 3 hours as I am not at home at the moment and my Lonely Planet is at home.

• You'll love it! Lucky you :)

Traveled by myself. It was great.

Go have fun.

Cheers.

• I love travel alone, just stay close to the place you stay at, do not go where even the locals wouldn't go, stay Ina busy area and keep it to your self

What Girls Said 5

• Don't be scared! Be excited! You're going to go have an amazing adventure! You don't have time for being scared!

• Well keep your door seriously locked. I knew someone who lived in ahotel, while she was in bathroom, someone snuck into her room and stole her phone.

• If you have to, keep your handbag in your shower room :)... This incident happened in France.

• I travelled to Japan on my own last summer during Christmas! It was so fun!! The people were kind too and language wasn't a problem because they're so willing to help out.

• Don't be scared. Europe is really safe. Only be careful for pickpockets. Have fun!

• very scary experience