What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

It would be interesting to know what weird delicacies are out there.

Apparently there is this thing with people and escargot..
We have guinea pig, goat eyeballs, pickled sheep's feet,... Uh, oysters, snakes, scorpions, crickets, squid, and many more. Bring it on people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Prom night of '09.

My two friends and I didn't go.

Instead, we made smores and I tried a pickled pig's foot.

Never again.

What Guys Said 17

• I served for 2 years in the army training with the Lebanese rangers (most extreme special forces in the Lebanese army).
    Part of our training was survival techniques so we had to camp in extreme conditions and eat whatever was available so the starngest things I ate were snakes and scorpions
    Snakes taste good, scorpions do not

• Poached frog in a chinese restaurant in New York

• I'm in Texas, and here there is this dish called Barbacoa, it's basically meat from a cows head, often including the tongue.

It's sounds disgusting but it's actually quite good.

There's also ox tail soup, also very good, it has a oxen's tail in the soup hence the name.

• Many many strange things that I shan't name out of sheer embarrassment.
    Ok well when I went to Asia they had fried chicken feet. It was pretty good!

• Regardless of sheer embarrassment :) you now have me interested in what other strange things you've eaten

• You haven't been judged, I'm fascinated. Everyone here is a notch higher for trying weird stuff :) I don't know why, but I feel bad for the pigeon. It's a friend of the cityfolk lol

• Oh no definitely not wild pigeons...
      Pigeons are certainly not my friend, you can tell that to my favorite jacket!

• Leaves from random trees and grass when I was 15 and 16.

I'm so broken and screwed.

• I ate a dog when I was overseas.

• A jack fruit... my mouth smelled like garbage afterwards. eeh

• Now that's something I have to try ):D did it taste bad o_o?

• It was sweet and slimy with a taste that lingers on your tongue afterwards.
      The smell just makes it really hard to eat.

• Interesting... Plus one for jackfruits then :D

• oyesters!!

• never eaten before but would like to try some stuff!

• Little squids. They turn inside out when placed on the giant wok.

• Ate crabs, that sucked pretty bad

• A mussel. When I try to swallow it, it goes back up :( It took at least 5 minutes to swallow) lol

• i would say goat's eye. pretty good actually

• I think strangest thing I've ever eaten is cow's tongue.

• Your mom. Mmmm tasty!

• Does pussy counts - it certainly is a delicacy?

• That's already been asked :/ I knew this would happen...

• Ok then snake I suppose or maybe crocodile, don't know what's the strangest thing.

• Pussy lol jk

What Girls Said 19

• When I was out in Egypt, @MCtricks, for I had married a man out there, he turned me on to "Asub." This was a long green hard tree stalk like that is eaten certain times of the year, in which you suck all the sugar out of it, can make a drink from it with its succulent juices, and spit out the remains as you chew it.
    I was intrigued to say the least to watch my husband devour The biggest stalk I had ever seen. I laughed and told him: "Wow, you just ate a tree."xx

• When I was 4 or 5 years old I tried the cat food, better not try it human beings if you want a happy life.

• bats... but it was nice

• Intestines filled with chickpeas, grains and veggies. I used to eat it A LOT as a kid 😤 I didn't even know what it is..

• That's bizzare :D

• @Asker if properly prepared, sheep tongue is an extremely good dish
      If you ever go to a Lebanese restaurant you should try it

• @BoudyRizk I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons.

• Raw jelly fish 😷

• We were doing boot camp at my church and we played a game where you or someone else had to eat stuff. The last thing they said was goat poop and they said that we all had to eat it.

• Sheep balls... Seriously i ate sheep balls!!

• Just escargot.

• Snake. I thought it was a fish because my aunt didn't tell me about it.

• hmm donkey i guess

• I once had caviar

• Korean Food is weird... The spices are incredibly strong.

• Seacucumber and fried insects

• I grew up on all types of offal (I am Slovenian) loved most of it but always hated tripe.

• In Peru I had guinea pig, it taste almost exactly like chicken, maybe more tender

• WHAT? You ate a guinea pig... I thought the only limit for this animal was being a pet XD

• Oysters. They're not really uncommon but definitely the weirdest thing I've had!!

• I've eaten a cricket before.

• I've heard worse things. lol

• Well it wasn't alive or anything. Someone brought those dried up seasoned ones to school. Not very good.

Does licking pickled pigs feet count? I wanted to cut my tongue out afterwards.

• escargots, I think

• I'm korean and I've eaten canned pupae... it was interesting but not delicious