Are black American men generally circumcised or is it only white mothers who pay to have their male childrens penis's butchered?

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically all American guys are. I think in recent years they aren't circumcizing babies as much because doctors realized how bad it is.

What Girls Said 7

• There are many circumcised men happy with what they have.

The anger and dislike that I usually see come from men on here that are uncircumcised.
    Does that description sound like you?

• Not really but there is a growing movement among circumcised men who were never given a choice to ban the barbaric practice.

• I've never been with an uncircumcised guy. i think its an American thing overall and i didn't know you had to pay for it i thought the hospital just does it out of courtesy

• I'm sensing a lot of bitterness here and maybe even some racism.

• Its only a question. Its very aggrogant to accuse someone of racism and bitterness just because he asked a question.

• It was the manner in which it was asked. Do learn to control your tone, darling, if you wish to avoid such tiresome episodes in future.

• I will try doll

• I know this isn't really an answer to the question but isn't it actually more hygienic to be circumcised?

• Not proven. If a man hasn't a hygiene problem to start with he will never have a hygiene issue eith his penis. Im willing to bet its the same for a womans privates.

• lol I knew it - by the way I'm bisexual actually..

• Well bisexuality is in vogue these days

• Of all the black men I have been with, all were circumcised, only 2 white guys were unclipped. While they had nice penises I prefer a nice penis that has been cut.

• In the US circumcision is commons for anyone unless you request otherwise

• White mothers? Don't you know that one of the primary reasons a baby boy gets circumcised is because the FATHER wants his son to look like him? It's an "I got it done so now you have to get it done too" mentality.

• I dont think thats the case in newyork

What Guys Said 5

• www.cirp.org/.../intact_rate_race_2006.png

It appears that in America the statistics are pretty close. about 40% of black men and about 43% of white men are circumcised. about 44% of all men are circumcised

by the way I'm a circumcised male and don't feel butchered. I actually like being circumcised. I think it's more aesthetically pleasing and since I don't have any "trauma" from it, it seems like it's all gravy

• Thank you for answering what I asked. How do you feel about the growing number of American men who have been circumsized complaining about a lack of sensitivity on the head of their penis?

• Again the sudies aren't 100% and it hasn't helped africa. All studies state clearly that condoms are the best way to prevent aids/hiv. There is big difference between inoculating your kids and hiring a guy to chop of a piece of a baby boys manhood that nature has designed to protect the head of his penis, that the child may regret when he gets older.

• those studies aren't 100%? again do you have evidence to support this? why would the WHO, NIH, AMA, APA, AGA, all so many other organizations say it if there wasn't evidence to support it.

there may be a difference between vaccinations and circumcision but it comes back to the "consent" thing you brought up. Children don't consent to most if any medical decisions that are made. They are at the mercy of their parents and physicians. so if your argument is consent then my counter is what about consent elsewhere?
      and for the sake of argument lets stick to medical terms so as opposed to "chopping off" lets call it circumcision since that's what it is. I'm not going to say 'doctors jam syringes full of chemicals into babies" in place of "vaccination". Inflammatory words cause deviation from the subject at hand

• I thought it was an American thing not a white American thing - I honestly don't know

• no, they aren't generally circumcised. i don't believe circumcision is something that most American males have to go through. It's more of a thing on the African continent

• I thought on only muslims and jews on the African continent did and only African women as well. Cheers for the info

• it can be more difficult to clean thus leading to the higher rates of STDs. no the uncircumcised penis isn't less hygienic but cleaning can be more difficult as it is harder to reach all the nooks and crevices of a uncircumcised penis. this isn't me saying it. it's health professionals with nearly every governing health body.

it doesn't mean that circumcision is better or should be performed better it's just a fact

• Nooks and crevices?

• Race doesn't have anything to do with it, really.

You're being too dramatic anyway.

• why on Earth are you so interested in MY penis. Are you a gay man?

• Are you a black american?

• some are some aren't

• All I asked cheers