Wh are most mass shootings caused by men?

I mean both sexes murder, assault, and hurt others, but most if not all mass murders are done by men. What is it that makes men what to kill a mass group of innocent people? Are men more prone to mental illness? It can't just be testosterone that makes them THAT violent, so what causes it?

I mean most who have a strong drive to murder usually end up doing it, so if women felt this same way they would have found a way to do it don't you think?

And I'm not really speaking of serial killers, moreso the people who do bombings and mass shootings.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it has to do with the fact that there aren't many outlets for men to express their internal grief/sadness/bitterness. Men can't talk to other men without looking gay, and they can't talk to other women without looking weak (which then often leads to them being less sexually attractive). When male-only spaces are created, their very existence is sometimes attacked. So with less outlets to vent the problems they're having, some guys will turn to violence. I did a myTake recently where some of this is touched upon

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10827-who-is-more-privileged-in-western-society-men-or-women

• ^^^

Also lmfao @ your username choice.

• @CandyandPinkCats You thinking women are less mouthy than men is hysterical. Women are a hell of a lot worse for cursing people out/wilding out on people than men are for the sole reason that they aren't at as high of a risk of being assaulted for their actions as men are.

That's hilarious that you think men raging is more acceptable; Lack of emotional control in the male world is seen as being weak.

• I really think that it is. And I don't believe that men commit crimes because of emotional buildup. I think the people who do that have either been through severe abuse, or are just mentally ill.

What Guys Said 14

• I think men tend to be more aggressive alright but why is the 64,000 dollar question - Why do only some and not all men respond like this?

• seriously thats a good question, like I understand (but don't support) why people murder others usually there is a motive or personal aspect to it, but mass shootings? I don't get it. Even if they are mentally unstable there are tons of mentally unstable people who don't mass murder. it's all very odd

• The vast majority of mass shooters have mental issues and a established history of them. Most of them on our anti-psychotic drugs that have been proven to increase the severity of mental issues and create new ones, this is especially true in younger people who are still developing both mentally and emotionally. Society still puts a lot of pressure on men to not show our emotions and bottle up our feelings. Most spree killers come from broken homes in one way or another. Most spree killers are not as mentally and emotionally developed as they should be due to negative experience in their life that they where never able to move past.

There are many more factors, but why it happens isn't nearly as important as learning to recognize the signs that someone is in trouble and than working to prevent the on coming disaster. When it comes to spree killings, the killer always show signs that they are in a bad spot mentally and emotionally before they carry out a mas shooting. A lot of times they show signs months before they ever carry out the attack. Yet, the people around them ignore these signs or brush the sings off as not being that big of a deal.

• Society gives women all kinds of hand-outs and it is a lot easier for them to get a boyfriend than it is for guys to get a girlfriend. Most of the mass shootings were done by single frustrated guys that were either being bullied in high school or stuck at some dead end minimum wage job like McDonald's and in debt from college. Then you add testosterone, anti-depressants, and guns into the mix, and you've got a volatile combination. Men need more rights and help getting better quality lives, and women need to stop bullying men and only going for the f boys and douchebags until they have kids and need someone to support them. I do believe feminism, the war on boys, and toxic hypergamous women are the main contributing factors to most of those shootings. Those guys weren't born crazy, and they weren't stupid.

• I mean you can explain yourself without shitting on women can't you? My question isn't an insult to men I just find it interesting that it's always a man who does it. Again, I don't think sexual frustration turns people into murders I get the suppressed emotion part but the life of a man isn't that hard, you're the least discriminated group in the entire world. Men don't need more rights but they do need to be understood better and given the same emotional freedoms as everyone else.

• they're usually white too.

• also true

• Yeah.. because things such as these happen around the globe.

• sorry for the misunderstanding. I was only speaking of America in my question since in most other places the mass murders are heavily influenced by religion so it's not much of a question.

• Women's issues are taken seriously; Men's issues are not. Typically men are more likely to take action than women are, and in the case of bombings and mass shootings, it's typically brainwashed individuals that have a strong belief in a God and feel they're pleasing that God, or some kid who couldn't handle the societal pressures of being a man and adjusting to a less masculine society that snapped.

Men's issues aren't taken as seriously as women's issues, and religion fucks up a lot of people.

• you got a lot of thumbs down but I actually agree with you. Mens issues aren't taken as seriously as women's issues, it doesn't make the women's issues any less important but BOTH sexes should be taken care of and looked out for

• Exactly, and I think the amount of down votes proves how desperately we need equal representation of gender issues.

• Men and women are equally violent,
    The serial killer by highest bodycount was a woman
    Countess elizabeth bathory.
    Fucking evil thing

• that one doesn't cancel out the countless numbers of men that have killed since then

• Most murders in general are caused by men. It's been that way since the beginning of humanity. I'm not debasing men, I'm merely pointing out the fact that we experience anger and rage on a level women cannot (Generally speaking) due to the differences in our hormonal makeup.

• 'Women cannot experience rage and anger on the same level as men" what a load of shit. You speak of men as if they're time bombs waiting to pop off, yet one of the stereotypical traits of masculinity is stoicism. Makes perfect sense.

• I know what you said, stupid; I said what I have isn't butthurt pseudo-intellectualism. Follow your own advice on reading comprehension; It's a lot more than what you've listed with a lot more proof behind it than what you have presented.

• I'd like to see your rape statistics; I can't wait until it's the '1 in 5 women' claim, because at least then I can laugh knowing you like to use false statistics and support the rape culture agenda. You mention mass murder statistics? Most mass murderers and rapists are raised by single mothers - right there, a men's issue not being taken seriously. You talk about murder statistics? Do you include infanticide and child murder in those numbers, or do you only include teen/adult murder victims? What about poverty stricken areas where men are expected to be the 'man of the house' and resort to crime only because there's no other option? I already disproved that myth about domestic violence being a male dominated crime, so I don't have to bother touching on that. Men's issues aren't taken seriously, and there are consequences to that reality. You say men are more likely to do things, but you completely ignore societal expectations of men. If anything, males are more proactive than women.

• This provides some explanations

time.com/.../

• Men are prone to kill more than women, that's a known fact.

Most likely, they are off their meds and suffer from a mental disorder.
    The sad part is that no one gave a damn about them, and if they had, could've prevented such a tragedy.

• No idea. I wish I knew. Maybe since the dawn of civilization, men have been soldiers, and therefore the killing gene has been passed onto future generations. Which is why we need to stop having wars.

• Hello the most obvious reason is testosterone!! but also men have tougher lives in general than women especially in this country

• Can't defend men who do this but you have to dig the real issue here.

As others stated men face worse social, economical and legal problems than women do. And worse that that men don't have a outlet to speak these things other than gaming, drugs, etc, things that won't help channeling anything.

A guy can build up years of being bullied, maybe not ever getting a girl because he doesn't reach certain standards. Other men are able to finally get married and have a family but then must face trial and the weight of the legal system on their shoulders. I can't begin to imagine what is like for a court to take your child away, or to be left without your properties, worse if it's granted to the ex-wife. In many of these cases men don't even do nothing wrong yet men are second class citizens in front of the law. Other men can't ever get outside of the lousy job stage, and in consequence never finish college, then the debts start accumulating on their bank accounts and who will ever feel sympathy for them? No one.

Women on the other hand are praised and pampered in whatever issue they have, no to say they don't face problems, but they have right outlets to sort them out while men are told to grow a pair and fuckin do something with their lives, men get pressure instead.

And that's the way it is. In terms of sexual frustration also the media knows this. Men are left to believe they don't have a sexuality to explore because only women are glorified sexually when in the old times it wasn't like that. Women receive attention while men are left to think they have to give it and forget about themselves. Yes, men have high testosterone but that wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't stimulated constantly with all the sex promoted on TV and porn so it leads to frustration. If men wouldn't get beat in the head with sex every minute and wouldn't be left to believe women are the greatest gift from the universe then we all would live in peace.

For all of these reasons and more the only men who achieve success are what you may know as alpha males and also sociopaths, because only they fit the position of power all men are supposed to equally achieve.

• I understand some of your points like that men have no emotional outlet and are forced/encouraged to suppress everything but I doubt the virginia tech shootings the batman theater shootings and all the others are due to sexual frustration and not having an amazing job

• Don't change what I said. Not having an amazing job is different than never achieving success or not feeling fulfilled in your own life. Sexual frustration along with the pressures of society all have their role in individual circumstances. Some of these men don't even have a history of psychological issues because it's something built for years and when you don't have an outlet then you explode. It's very sad and also explains why most suicides are also made by men instead of women.

• If you look at all these lone wolves most of them dont fit and are rejected by women. The world can a tough place without love

• there's a lot of women without love too (myself included), i don't think thats the triggering force here

• I think it is. Young men rejected my nearly all women in their communities would defo be a trigger. Personally I would suspect the large doses of mood stablising and ant depressants drugs a lot of the kids a prescribed.

• Women just collapse and cry when they get angry. Men do something about it. Not saying one is better than the other..

• Yeah but thats not true, MANY women get angry and stab/shoot/ and murder people. Haha what gave you the impression they just breakdown and sob?

• I think you may have come to the wrong website :D

• i disagree

What Girls Said 4

• A quick google search could give you a better answer than I could.

• I think guys are more likely to be frustrated by society. Women do things as well but it's usually murder for revenge (like cheating) some women even do things like kill pregnant women while stealing the newborn because they want a baby. not killing a bunch of people for the hell of it.

• Men are more likely to carry out a plan, period.

It's no surprise that men who actually attempt suicide are more likely to succeed than women, too.

• Most mass shootings are caused by white men.

Why do white people want to shoot up innocent children just because they mom forgot to wash their favorite blanket?