Do you grow emotionally attached to objects? If you do does that ever cause clutter for you?

• Yes
    76% (13)75% (6)76% (19)Vote
  • No
    24% (4)25% (2)24% (6)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
8|9

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Some items I am very firmly emotionally attached to, like my old helmet, but generally I go through odd phases. For a while I will get attched to stuff at the drop of a hat, and end up keeping stuff well beyond usefull ness. "My ex always used to steal this tshirt off me, and sure it's faded and has a few holes but it used to be my fav" ... but then I get fed up get rid of a lot of stuff which is not actively usefull... often more than I should (like Tshirts which are perfectly wearable but a little faded, or ornaments which genuinely do hold some emotional attachment and I will regret later).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Not really but sometimes i get annoyed if I'm expected to share what I have with others. I remember one time a stranger asked me for money while I was at the parking lot of a grocery store. I was annoyed because I did not believe that the person deserved my money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to A LOT when I was younger but my mum drilled into my head that I should get rid of things I don't use so I've been able to remove the attachment and throw things out without allowing myself to over think it. I used to have 100+ teddies that I loved and my mum told me to only keep about 5 of them. It was the hardest decision ever. I did have a lot of clutter and I do now, but it's mainly because I almost never go through my room and get rid of things, but I probably should.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. ._. My dad calls me a hoarder.. But I read this thing on how to successfully clean up and it says "throw away anything that doesn't spark joy"

But everything seems to.. I can't get rid of those bubbles, they're from my parents wedding.. Obviously can't get rid of that calculator, I used it for my ACT. We suffered TOGETHER.

Okay, maybe I'm a hoarder. So what. >_>

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. my parents call me a pack rat. cleaning out my room will be a nightmare.

0|1
    0|0
  • i am a hoarder and there is absolutely nothing i can do about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... I recently threw out an old stuffed lamb that I had since I was two and needless to say it took me SO MUCH.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guilty! I'm not a full time hoarder but I have things which have sentimental value to me and I'll never get rid of.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only when they are handed to me by people whom I tolerate their existence.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Stuff that I use daily for years at a time I absolutely become attached to.
    Stuff like my baseball glove, calculator, truck, etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a clutter free zone within a nanosecond of me finishing with something it is gone

0|0
    0|0
  • Am I the only one who voted, saw the results and went "whew, at least it's not just me"?

0|0
    0|0
  • I love my car and truck! <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really dude

0|0
    0|0
  • Relevant:

https://youtu.be/tPPvkhGZT7Y

How profound and poetic. lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part I don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually attached to my old 15 year Nokia phone...

0|0
    0|0