Do you think you are intelligent?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Well judging by the fact that I have been a straight A student for the most times of my life, I would say that I'm 'academically' intelligent, also judging by the fact that I'm a very social person and I have never had problems with communicating with people, making friends is also easy for me, I would say that I'm 'socially' intelligent. But intelligence goes beyond school grades and social life, I would say that I'm intelligent in some areas but I'm not intelligent in other areas, but I can be intelligent in those areas if I work on that.

What Girls Said 17

• By what measure? In most ways intelligence is usually measured, definitely yes. I tend to do very well in school and get high scores on tests, in basically every academic category. I do still have things I'm bad at though, and where my "intelligence" in that particular field is not great, like creativity and artistic talent. But in terms of the traditional definition, I'm definitely highly intelligent.

• Also, all this is of course taking my age into consideration. Any kind of measure of my academic intelligence has been measured against my peers, so not comparing myself to adults. But even so, I do know that I have more knowledge of quite a few subjects than most adults probably do.

• I'm not that of a genius in quoting things from history or something, but I'm more mature than most people of my age and I can easily see what's right and what's wrong. But I have moments (a lot) when I think of myself as a stupid sh*t because I did something wrong and critize myself a lot for it, even if I shouldn't because it's normal to fail sometimes.

• Intelligent might be a stretch. I am, however, aware of my own limitations which generally makes me a bit more intelligent than your average putz.

• you have to at the very least believe you are intelligent. Even if you are getting c's and d's in school. Believing you are dumb will only make you dumber.

• "I know that I dont know nothing " yes sometimes im a show off of the things i learn but its because i prefere to talk about interesting things more than dull stuff (gossip, vanity, celebs) only once in a while i talk of media... but still i know someone out there or i may know is much better than i am in everything i do ( example : i speak 4 languages but know others may know up to 15 sooo) yeah i try to never quit learning but im in my unique way im bright on something like every other person :)

• depends on what or who you compare me with.. about myself all I know is I know nothing - like socrates already stated.. All I found so far is that people who are convinced they know everything are usually the ones that have no clue

• If I wasn't intelligent my boyfriend would never have took an interest in me. Which I know I'm pretty smart on some things and like to always look up random facts on everything.

• Intelligence is such an abstract and immeasurable concept so I don't know. Based on IQ tests I am above average intelligence though. But IQ tests are not truly a measure of ACTUAL intelligence, so I don't know how far I can trust it.

• Only when I have to talk to my coworkers.

Jk! Kind of!

• I'm not the most well read, I can't quote history books or anything. But I'm the clever kind of intelligent. Problem solving and the ability to learn things easily

• Nah, but I'm above average.

• I am in some ways, in others I can be surprisingly stupid.

• I don't wanna say lie. So truth is "yes, I'm very intelligent" :P

• Definitely don't think I'm dumb

• Yes, but in my own way.

• I don't think I am.

• I sometimes write in a distant, whimsical style to feel intelligent and make idiots think I'm intelligent.

What Guys Said 23

• Look up : "Dunning Kruger effect" :

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

• I'd like to think I am, but it seems just about everyone thinks that they are intelligent... so who knows?
    Difficult to say when my perspective is the only one I can experience.

• Plenty of educated people don't have common sense or really conduct themselves as adults. And sometimes dumb is better, you don't have so much noise going on and can just "do" things. Being intelligent is an overall relative term.

• Most people are intelligent in some way. Whether it's being good at maths or computers, playing an instrument, learning new languages, fixing a car or being a hair dresser. These all require skills you must learn, which you couldn't do if you had some level intelligence.

• Some days I think I am not, then someone does something extremely stupid and then I realize that I am. Intelligence is difficult to measure, or even define.

• I don't believe in words like intelligent - Everyone is smart in there own way

• Some ways yes, other ways no.

• Probably average

• I'm well educated, but I'm no rocket scientist. I have a high beer iq, sometimes referred to as bq😛

• I am and I'm not.

• If we're grading on a curve, than we're intelligent lol

• I know I'm not dumb. :-D

• Yes, I reckon so.

• Not really.

• Yes. I don't want to brag about it but I'm objectively of above average intelligence. But I never really go into detail in real life, I don't want to give the impression of a douchebag. I'm not really proud of it.

• No. I just think most other people are worse off than I am.

• YESSS people tell me that

• I'm a brilliant idiot

• Im going to say im above average.

• I do. But there's always a bigger fish.

• I would say.. Average. I have subtle approach to solve the matters sometimes.. 😎

• A wise man will say he is a fool and a fool will say he is a wise man.

• I have a learning disability so no.

• I'd like to think so yes