Did anyone go to summer camp when they were growing up?

Just wondering how many people on gag went to summer camp when they were growing up, did you like it what was it like?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah i went to 3 different summer camps.
    One of them was at the Olympics Sports Complex (In PuertoRico) where we did everything from fencing to boxing to pingpong, putput golf we even dod archery.

The other was at a military academy where we had an arcade room, pools and slides, courts and soccerfields, horses, velcro obstacle courses, and for fieldtrips we went to museums, beaches to go kayaking, bowling and sometimes we even just went out to old sanjuan.

After that i became a summer camp counselor as well as a summer camp music teacher.

Its fun as long as you get along with everyone and dont get in trouble otherwise you miss out on activities and field trips.

What Guys Said 6

• I went to a summer camp from age 11 to 13 I believe, just 3 years, but those 3 summers where the best summers of my life. I did lots of new stuff, went camping, met lots of people, and especially met the best girl I've ever met... unluckily things didn't end right between us :(
    But still, best summers. A shame they didn't keep doing it cause they had no money :(

• I did for about 3 years. the first camp I went to was ok. the second I went to was great

• I went to summercamp from age 8 ot 9.
    thdn to sailing & boating camp from age 15 (I became an instructor there)
    I liked it.

• Every Jewish kid in North America does that.

• Summer camp was amazing. What I liked the most was the fact that it was pitch black at night so you could see the stars.

• yes and it was the best week of the entire summer

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I went to summer camp. I really enjoyed it because it allowed me to meet a great group of people I normally wouldn't have met. It also let me try various activities and find new interests. Summer camp probably was one the best things I ever did. I miss it so much!

• I did! And some camps were awesome, some crap.
    Really depended on the camp leaders and the particular group of kids.
    Aha memories x)

• I went to summer camp and it was fun,
    CanooIng, making fires, all sorts of cool things 1/2 year