80s music poll: Favorite album by Public Image Ltd/Steve Jones?

After Sex Pistols’ break-up John Lydon formed post-punk band Public Image Ltd. They were much better than SP in my opinion, and they had some pretty good songs. Their album “This is What You Want….” would b my fav. Liked da new-wave sound there. Also his song “World Destruction” wid Afrika Baambaata was awesome :D

Guitarist Steve Jones followed a short-lived solo-career wid a minor-success. His album “Mercy” had some pretty good-songs, especially da title-track, which was featured in TV series Miami Vice…and his “With Or Without You” song was pretty good as well.

• The Flowers Of Romance (PiL)
    0% (0)20% (1)20% (1)Vote
  • This Is What You Want... (PiL)
    0% (0)20% (1)20% (1)Vote
  • Album (PiL)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Happy? (PiL)
    0% (0)20% (1)20% (1)Vote
  • 9 (PiL)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • Mercy (Steve Jones)
    0% (0)40% (2)40% (2)Vote
  • Fire And Gasoline (Steve Jones)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Mercy (steve jone) i love this one ✌

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• I chose this is what you want but flowers of romance was really great in my opinion.

I think this band was better because they were overall much more talented. The sex pistols to me were more of a statement than any real artistry. I mean Syd Vicious could hardly play bass guitar. So it seemed more like an image thing true musicianship which I know John Lydon hated about the group

0|0
    0|0
    • LOL sorry bro, i guess i owe u a MHO.
      i wanted 2 give MHO to u, but i gave it to @subzero007 instead, coz i wanted 2 check if inactive accounts can receive MHO or not.

• no prob. good question. wish there were more music related questions

• i do "80s music polls" daily

• I remember PIL but not enough to remember any albums - I will go with PIL because I didn't realise Steve Jones had a band

0|0
    0|0