Truck people, is RAM or Ford better?

My dad is getting me a new car.
i live in Texas so lots of trucks to choose from.
persobally I find RAM tucks incredibly beautiful, specifically the 1500.

I notice lots of Ford and RAM trucks.

Are they equal competitors or is one company better than the other?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• I prefer Dodge but really, I like both Dodge and Ford better than Chevy. Lol But anyway, you should just go with whatever you prefer and what you will be using the truck for. If you aren't going to be using it for work purposes (such as hauling heavy loads) then you probably don't need a heavy duty truck. So, just look at the features and decide what you want and what matches up with your preferences. Dodge and Ford both have good trucks, in my opinion.

• Oh yeah I won't be using it for work purposes. Just to really inflate my ego and make me feel special.

I don't know, there was just this certain allure about some trucks lol.

What statistics/capacities should I be looking when buying trucks?

• Alright thanks for the help!

• No problem :)

What Guys Said 4

• When it comes to regular gas engines, Ford. Their basic trucks come standard with V8's but Ram's basic model is a V6.

If you want a Turbo diesel, RAM all the way. Their Cummins engines outperform Fords powerstroke anyday.

• What? No Chevy? :(

• I'd get a Toyota Tundra or Tacoma or a Nissan Titan or Frontier. Everybody has Ford, Dodge, or Chevy. Be different.

• Ford lmao hahhahaha