How do I find out whether I actually have social anxiety or not?

I think I might have social anxiety, because I've looked on a legit websites eg NHS and I can relate to almost everything they said sbout it, and when they discussed why some people may have it I can relate too, also my friend who is very intelligent and knows a lot about this sort of stuff, also thinks I have it. I want to tell my parents but I'm too afraid theyll treat me dufferevtly or even mock me! Because when j can't do things such as phone someone or collect something from someone's house my sister abd my mum either call me a baby or tell me to grow up which really upsets me. I want to talk to a doctor but I'm not sure hoe to and also I'm too scared, and I'm not sure if I can go on my ownor if I have to go with my parents, I'm 15. In two days I will be going back to school to collect an award but I think you have to go up on stage on your own to get it, and I'm terrified, because I'll probably make a complete idiot of myself and people will be staring st me, any help on that?:(

Most Helpful Girl

• You should talk to a professional and don't label yourself something you don't know you have. That's harmful

What Guys Said 2

• Everyone feels that, usually at your age. Unless you want to suffer major physical problems from horrendous drugs I sugggest you deal with it by going out and making friends/getting a hobby. It will pass, but only if you ACT.

• Just don't accept it.

What Girls Said 1

• I suffer from anxiety too and I think you should try to talk with a professional. They can tell you exactly what you're suffering from and help you if you need it