Is it unreasonable to want a guy who doesn't drink?

Most Helpful Guy

• No because I don't like girls who drink. Unfortunately finding sober people is extremely rare. People let alcohol define them.

• It's like when people see me they assume I don't drink because I'm underage but once they find out that I'm 24 they are like WHAT? WHY?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all.
    I used to be quite the drinker, a bit of a partier. When I first started hanging out with my boyfriend, I learned that he barely ever drinks. I felt the same way as you, asking myself what we'll do if it's not going out for drinks or having people over to play beer pong and whatnot.

We ended up meeting somewhat in the middle. Now we have drinks together once a week at most, just us two.
    I don't miss the crazy days at all, hangovers and all the money being thrown out included.

What Guys Said 28

• In my opinion no it is not, everyone has the preferences. I want a woman that does not smoke anything including cigarettes so I don't see how wanting a guy that does not drink in any different.

• Not at all

• It will narrow your choices, but then again ALL strict preferences narrow our choices.

As a non-drinker myself, I can say that we do exist.

Happy hunting!

• I only drink if there's authentic vodka or some extra special event going on. I don't like getting drunk, so I barely ever drink alcohol. I wonder if that counts or not.

• No sounds reasonable to me

• I don't drink, and honestly there are a lot of guys that don't drink, so it's not unreasonable at all.

In fact I would prefer a girl who doesn't drink.

• No it is not because his drinking could effect your whole life and your children and the rest of your family's lives too.

• Nope it is not. I prefer women who do not drink.

• It's beyond reasonable.

• go for what you want, don't settle

• I don't drink at all, no interest. I would like a partner who's the same way.

• If you don't drink you'll die :O

• Considering alcohol is a common thing at weddings and church services, yeah.

• Perfectly reasonable. Lots of people don't.

• It's perfectly OK. People who drink vs. people who don't usually have different interests and customs anyways.

• nah its not. if that's what you want, go for it

• I don't drink, there is literally no reason to. Well I guess other than only because other people do.

• Not really but good luck finding one.

• Considering you're under 18, no, it certainly is not unreasonable.

• What about if it's a lifetime thing?

• When you're older, and dating guys over 21? Wanting a guy who doesn't drink at all, ever, is a bit higher requirement. At your age it should be a given. When a man is over 21 years old, though, plenty of men have a drink now and then. Say you don't want a man who becomes drunk? Very reasonable.

• I dont drink and know plenty of guys who dont

• You can't demand someone should not, but it's not unreasonable to look for someone who does not.

• Is it unreasonable to deny someone because of it though?

• Ofcourse not. You can demand whatever you want to, you just have to figure out if it's worth denying people over whatever that thing is. In this case it's no alcohol and there's plenty of people who don't drink.

• Why do you want that?

• Because I plan on never drinking and I don't want someone else who drinks either.

• But there s nothing if someone sometimes alcohol drinks

• Not at all ---

• No, I don't see why would it be unreasonable...

• I don't drink. I don't see the point. If I'm thirsty then water gets the job done just fine

• absolutely clever. i want a girl who doesn't drink and smoke.

• Very reasonable but it would not be me.

• Because you're under 21? Or because you have other beliefs?

• No, this is a lifetime thing for me. I'm not religious either.

• I don't think I could physically handle it. I might have some kind of allergy. I tried once and it was worst feeling that I had ever experienced. It felt like my whole body was burning inside out. It probably wasn't a good idea to try in alone though. But it also tastes nasty.

• You may have an allergy, orrrr, you just might be feeling effects of alcohol, I don't know, might want to get it checked out the next time you drink. When you're over 21 of course. Also, with taste, you just need to find your right alcohol, and that comes with tasting different things. Your taste buds change every 7 years as well. Girls typically go with fruity drinks like margaritas but, not always

What Girls Said 16

• At your age or at an age that is under 21, it is not unreasonable to want someone that doesn't drink. It's easier to expect them not to drink when they are underage than when they are an adult. I personally don't love guys that drink in excess so I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately it is very common and most people do it.

• No, it's fine.

• It's not unreasonable because that is your personal preference.

• There are many Christians, Muslims, Jews and HIndus who do not drink alcohol. Find a religious guy.

• Is it hard to find an agnostic/atheist that doesn't drink?

• No it is so reasonable and possible.

• no, it's not :)

• No, how is that unreasonable?

• I don't know. A lot of guys were giving me crap for it.

• Not really.

• No it is not

• No, totally acceptable but know that there aren't many guys who don't drink..

• Not really

• ... not at all.

Unreasonable = Expecting a person to change to suit you.

• I don't think so!!!
    I would like a guy who doesn't drink.

• Nope and I'm the same way.

• No it is not.

• No. I don't want a guy who drinks either