Do you think a sexless relationship will eventually result in a break-up?

I'm extrememly religious and I don't believe in sex before marriage, that include no hjs or bjs. So basically my boyfriend and I only make out. He's not as religious as I am so sometimes it drives him a little crazy and I understand that he is sxually frustrated. We've been dating for almost a year so obviously he respects my views. But recently I found him flirting with someone he used to be physically with. They're still friends but he's very sexually attracted to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone with very similar views to yourself, in my experience I've noticed it's difficult to maintain any kind of relationship with someone if sex is completely off the table, as unfortunately, many people believe sex "has" to be in a relationship for a relationship to be healthy or work (as well as the obvious animalistic urge of sex, which some people really struggle to control if they're denied it).

Sadly, as a response to this, I think it's important that if you have those views? You pretty much need to find someone else that does, too. Sex is just too important to an overwhelming majority of people, at least in the west, anyway.

Frankly, I'm shocked you have even lasted this long with your current boyfriend.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the type of guy he is. Some guys are cool with that. Some are not. I myself am not religious. I can wait if she makes a soild argument not based on religion. Still plan on playing with those boobs asap.

• That is a form of cheating and he is disrespecting you and your values.

• It depends on the person and if they respect you and your beliefs. Honestly don't expect atheists or agnostics to stay with you.

What Girls Said 2

• If both aren't willing to wait then the person who has had sex before will feel regret and resentment that he can't be close with you. Best to find someone who also wants to wait

• More than likely with your current boyfriend... He may not b able to do without for much longer... just sayin!