Why is it a fad across the globe to cast hate towards the U. S?

Intelligent answers only please. (no ranting)

I understand general disagreement about what the U. S. does, perspective will always limit what we know about a situation and such.

It is the senseless hate, the desire to complain and piss and moan without actually caring about whats going on, just an ignorant anger that has no real cause or way to be diminished.

Perhaps it is that people with nothing in their lives to feel good about just want something to make them feel important, included?

Most Helpful Guy

• well if you notice it isn't exactly hate but a constant bitching of what we are doing wrong

no smaller country who does the exact same thing gets any hate whatsoever

a good example is a husband and wife... the man who makes all the decisions and is in charge gets a constant bitching from the woman because of everything the guy does wrong

the world "hates" the US because we are the most powerful nation on the planet as of now... everyone bitches about the decisions people who have power over them make

there are just infinite examples of this

• and we're involved in everyone else's business on pretext that we're spreading democracy when in reality we're just trying to obtain a nation's resources.

• well we're an empire what's wrong with us acting like one?

• Oh, so it's okay to go in and completely destroy nations for our own benefit. But I'm sure if any other country tried to do that here we'd all be okay with it, right? China is just an empire mannnn

What Girls Said 1

• Hate towards the US, even Americans do it for the heck of it! The US is one of the most powerful countries of the world, and I guess, in general, making fun of something makes it feel like you're evening out the playing field. For example, Gertrude will make fun of Clementine because Gertrude is jealous that Clementine is prettier, so therefor Gertrude feels better about herself in discussing that Clementine is not all 'that.' This referring to jokingly giving hate to America.

But on a more serious note, I guess America receives hate for its past actions. Taking WW2, just an example. Some blame the Allies for reacting too late, and as a result of their untimely actions, many people died.

That's all the reasons I can personally come up with.

• how is america blamed for WW2?

we saved all of Europe and china in that war

if it wasn't for the US the world's super powers would be germany and japan

• I guess since it was a prominent figure who made the decision to react late, people just viewed the decision as the nation's decision- if that even makes sense, lol.

• It doesn't to me, I often disagree with the powers that be.

What Guys Said 8

• I think it's actually the other way around. I've lived in the US and what I've learned is that a majority (not all!) of Americans are extreeeemly sensitive when it comes to criticism. Americans (even many left-wing Americans) are known to be pretty nationalistic. Think of phrases such as "America is the greatest country in the world!" For Americans, it's just normal to say and here this stuff but in other parts of the world, it leaves a very awkward, uncomfortable feeling. For example: I am continental European and nationalism is a cultural trauma deeply ingrained in all European's minds and hearts. Just imagine a Spanish or an English or even a German guy claiming their country to be the greatest in the world... it's absolutely impossible. Americans believe it's a way of showing their love/pride for their country but in other parts of the world, it can easily be mistaken as imperialist nationalism and be taken as quite offensive. So this creates a lot of cultural misunderstandings. Furthermore, America is a very young country. It's like the teenager among the world's regions. And just like a teenager, America doesn't like criticism. Many Americans HATE it when people form other countries point out flaws/problems in the political system or pop culture or economic system or whatever other topic they can think of. Many Americans take such criticism extremely personal. I believe this again has to do with mentality. Contrary to us central Europeans (especially Swiss/German/Austrians), Americans are quite indirect people. They might swear more than anyone else but generally speaking, they don't like hearing the truth. When I lived in America, people said stuff like "omg I love you" for a cool remark I had made or they called me "friend" although we had just talked together a few times. This is very different from central Europe - especially Germany - where people are painfully straight-forward. German bosses don't say stuff like "we let you go." They say "Peter, your work is shit. We can't use you, so I'm firing you today". In America on the other hand, everything has to be flowers and rainbows. Everything is expressed stronger than it is ("awesome", "amazing", "great"). We hardly ever use these words in German. So when this mentality for indirectness is combined with a teenage-like spirit for patriotism, you get a very sensitive attitude towards national criticism. In Europe , this is very different. I criticise America a lot, as some people on here might

• know. But the truth is: I criticise my own country just as much. And by that I don't just mean criticising the government. I criticise my fellow people, our mentality... anything that bothers me. In America, it's almost impossible to do this. Somebody who utters open criticism is often called an America-hater. In Europe , this is very different. We regard criticism as highly important. It shows that you think critically and that your love for your country is not unconditional (because that would awaken very uncomfortable memories). Also, Europeans tend to take national criticism less personally. If a foreigner tells me for example that Switzerland has a fucked up immigration policy, I answer "you're totally right. My girlfriend is a foreigner and you wouldn't believe how much I've already cussed about the people who are responsible for this". When I criticized capitalism (THE holy cow for every "good" American) in the US, people immediately asked me if I like Stalin. I think in Europe

• It took me 10 days to muster up the will to read this enormous block of text, but I'm glad I did, you make some interesting points, I don't agree with all of them, but I would much enjoy talking this over with you if that sounds agreeable.

• Well, it's not a topic that you can comment in two sentences. And sure we can talk about it more ;-).

• Tough one - Everyone is falling into a stereotypical trap - You can dislike certain things about any country but that shouldn't mean you hate the whole country.

• Hatred of the good for being the good:
    aynrandlexicon.com/.../..._for_being_the_good.html

• It isn't a fad. Several countries have hated us for centuries. I honestly don't know why

• It's just the way it always have been; plenty of haters towards US

• I'd hardly call it a fad. It's been that way for at least the past 40+ years.

• Whatever ya want to call it, my point was why the hate.

• Because we deserve it.

• This says nothing, no ranting. -_-

• This is going nowhere and to be honest I just don't care. Figure out how to fix it if ya got such a problem with it. This ranting is just worthless venting.

• Oh we know how to fix it but no one will because that would cost politicians votes.

• A fad? Ohhh, I don't know, hiroshima, nagasaki, the Vietnam war, us overthrowing the government and putting our own leader in place in Iran, the war in Afghanistan, Iraq, our destabilizing of nearly the entire Middle East, our meddling in affairs all around the globe, our lack of culture into this shitty pop culture abomination which is spreading like a cancer to other cultures across the globe. I'm missing a ton of things here, but you get the picture.

• dude hiroshima and nagasaki saved millions of lives

also US culture is the strongest culture and most profound in the entire world

i don't really wanna start ranting about these wars tho that you probably learned all about on some liberal tv station

• Not only are y'all off topic, you're ranting, stop ranting.

• We're not "ranting", we're explaining why the world feels the way it does, sorry I can't summarize all of the US's atrocities in one sentence. Maybe read a world history textbook sometime to see what is painfully obvious.