What to do when your family members are wayyyyy too overly talkative?

Like they just talk nonstop don't understand the need to be alone but yet they mean well but are boring and annoying as fuck

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a book called "Quiet" you might be interested in reading. It probably has multiple solutions to your problem littered throughtout it.

Most of the changes will have to come from you though, don't expect to have your needs met by making them anyone else's problem. Support from family is always a good sign though.

This is a struggle for any introvert-type surrounded by extraverts, but there are ways to navigate through the crowds while keeping your sanity and your dignity.

"Quiet" should help you quite a bit, but to start there are a few things you can do (if you aren't already doing them).

-Speak clearly and with conviction; have your ideas well thought-out.
    -Be a good listener. You don't need to be vocal in all your conversations, instead, take a backseat and surprise them later when you remember something they said some time ago.
    -introverts often understand the nuances of group dynamic better and thus become someone the confide in, not a bad role to play. It will also gain you respect that is otherwise earned much too strenuously for the introvert
    -Don't feel upset or annoyed if others don't understand how you feel, they are usually only trying to help you in the ways they know how. Be grateful and reassure them that they haven't done anything wrong. The only real difference between an introvert and an extravert is that one accumulates energy by others while the other expends it.

Just understand your differences and learn to benefit from eachothers contrasting strengths rather than becoming bitter and contemptuous.

Hope this helped. Goodluck!

What Guys Said 5

• Organise alone and quiet time for yourself in your home.

• Try and laugh it off and let em know nicely since their fam or go other route and put on some earphones on right in their face when they're trying to talk to ya

• Learn to appreciate your family. They won't be around forever.

• Polite excuse yourself from the premises. Works for me.

• The best way to avoid someone who talks too much, is just to act aloof, as if you're not listening (cause you really aren't) but to make it appear like you are. Difficult to explain, but, look it up

The only other way is just to be bluntly honest

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell them you need some time out. My parents both know I need alone time otherwise I get annoyed and grumpy. I just close my door and listen to some music and do whatever.

• Say omfg shut tf up already and leave the room