How long should I wait for a missing cat to come home before pronouncing her dead?

Normaly she comes home every night.

• 1 day
  • 2 days
  • 3 days
  • 4 days
  • A week
  • Results please
  • A month

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends on the Cat and what could have happened and it could actually Be... Anywhere from a few days to even that night or even a Month... Maybe never.
    I say this because with owning many felines, the ones that disappeared on me were as Follows:
    Little Leo died that night due to a racoon attack and we found him the very next day.
    Sammy was M. I. A. for nearly a Month and realized he may have gotten Trapped in someone's garage or somewhere he could not escape from.
    Blackie just never Returned Period and we assumed as beautiful as she was, that someone had stolen her.
    If she has this Routine of 'Comes home every night' then something has Prevented her from doing so. Please, check and call for her all over, ask anyone who may have spotted her. You didn't say How long she was gone and all you can do now her, dear Is... Hope and pray.
    Good luck and I will say a prayer for you as well. xx

What Girls Said 4

• I've known people to have a cat come back a month or so later with the attitude "what's up bitches?"
    I have one that often disappears first thing in the morning then comes back around 11 at night or a few days later. Pretty sure she her fat butt has a second family.

• You never know! You can try putting her bed out for her and see if she catches the smell.

• Cats usually run away to die so if she doesn't come home for more then 2 nights then she's probably dead

• One time my cat went away for almost a month and a half, and I thought he was dead, but he came back

What Guys Said 3

• Did you post a flyer so that other people may help you out?

• I would say 3 or 4 days

• Once my cat was gone for an entire 6 month period. He eventually got captured by a policeman and for the first of many times took a squad car ride downtown.

He only has back claws too and when he left he was a pretty chubby guy, by the time he came back he looked like a jaguarundi.