Why do most people scream if they see a tarantula or a centipede?

Someone once tried playing that prank on me with a live tarantula. The only thing is it backfired because I was about to take it home. I was treating it like it were a gift.

I actually like them. Also keep a couple centipedes, just got the or Amazonian giant centipede (though it almost bit me). I'm to understand what's all the screaming for. I don't get it.

already got bitten by a smaller one (was in pain for two whole days) last month.. though don't mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't scream or be creeped out for domesticated ones but I'd be creeped out and frightened for Wild ones lol

• yeah my older cousin who sometimes works in South America, bought me the giant one. I assume if that one bites me, I'll probably be swollen for a week. A smaller one of about 5 inches bit me and I was in pain for 2 days.

• Damn that sucks but gotta admit they look cool

• yeah I still like them. I would still like the big one even if were to bite me one day.

What Guys Said 8

• Big animals (like humans) always seem disproportionately afraid of smaller animals, perhaps because big animals are usually more intelligent and cautious.

I think tarantulas are neat, but I don't think I'd get a centipede.

• Yeah, a tarantula is less harmless than a centipede that's for sure. If that giant centipede of 13 inches ever decides to be quick and bite me (which it almost did not so long ago), I'm going to be probably swollen for a whole week and maybe even have a fever. It's not fatal but I might still need to go to the doctor by then.

• They scream because they are not sure if the insects can hear their normal voice. "Get out!" "Go away!" "I don't like you!"

• I don't like the crawlies. Snakes and lizards I like though.

• True each one of us have a preference for an animal. Though, I also like reptiles and every single other animal, crawlies is more I'm for.

• Some people like creepy crawlies - I don't mind them

• I don't think it's too hard to have some perspective that each individual person has had their own experiences that would cause them to be afraid.

• I might crawl up her HAWT spot 👙💋

• I have phobia of insects and truly hate them. Nothing will change how I feel about them. I am sorry.

• You sir, are a troll, sorry, mam

• You're the one that's anon... lol. I do like crawlers and I'm trying to make a point. Too many people react like that. I don't have that reaction towards them.

• You sir are a troll

• I'm neither a troll nor a guy. But whatever. No point in arguing with someone anon.

What Girls Said 7

• Some people just have a phobia for crawling insects. It's not something they help. I have a phobia of cockroaches and just the sight of one makes my heart beat faster. One time I walked in my bathroom and one was standing by the toilet. It caught me off guard so I screamed really loud and my room mate who is a guy came running and starting hitting the thing. We have a arrangement that he'll hit whatever insect is there but I have to remove the mess afterwards cause that freaks him out more.

• Sorry to hear that. One of my friends was screaming loudly too. What I did was remove the cockroach and put it outside. I actually like every crawling insects. Always did since ever since I was a toddler.

• Tarantulas are cool, but centipedes are fucking GROSS just hate all those stubby legs moving so fast with its long body uuughh! 😷😖 that's cool you fancy them I see that as brave lol

• They aren't for everyone. Hairy body, eight legs, spiders aren't really the most beautiful looking creature on the earth and I think that applies for centipedes too. I had one massive tarantula living in my mailbox, it was cool though and it's not there anymore.

I don't mind them.

• I love all kind of spiders, including tarantulas. I hate centipedes though. They're really creepy.

• The only negative part with centipedes is their bite is strong and painful. If I already got bitten by a nearly 5 inch centipede and was in pain for 2 days, then I'm assuming if that giant one of like 13 inches bites, I'll be more than just in pain for a week, maybe even have a fever too.

• It's ok. You're not the only one afraid of them. All my classmates, friends and even brother calls them monsters from hell. In my case is I wouldn't stop liking them even if bitten by that big one. I guess I'm strange.

• Okay lol. Though I used to think centipedes were harmless, even though they look creepy.

• Because I have phobia of insects

• i'm not scared of centipede... but i guess if i see a tarantula i'll die X_X

• Yeah, none of my classmates likes them either. They also hate centipedes or any other crawlers. Thing is they're probably even more scared of us than vice-versa.

• Because they creep me out

• It's ok. They are not for everyone. I guess I'm kind of strange. I've always thought they had some beauty in them.

• I never see anyone as strange I just see everyone differently and unique and it's okay I have a phobia of things that crawl so... Yeah