What is a feminist/feminism?

I guess I totally got the wrong idea or I still just don't know what it is. Someone please explain

Most Helpful Guy

• A feminist is a person that believes in equal rights for both genders. For example if a man and women are doing the same job and contributing the same into the job a feminist believes that the man and the woman should be on the same pay or if there is only one seat left on the bus the man has just as much right to that seat as the woman does. Feminism is more commonly related to women. However, it actually is anyone the believes in equal rights for both genders. Men that believe in equal rights for both genders are also feminists technically. However, feminists are not to be mistaken with misandrists or misogynists. A woman that claims she is a feminist but hates men, treats them like rubbish, believes all men are evil and women should have power over men are not a feminist they are a misandrist. A man that thinks the same about women is a misogynist. The term misandrist means someone who hates men and the term misogynist means someone who hates women. I believe in equal rights between men and women myself. This therefore makes me a feminist to.

What Guys Said 4

• Feminism is a political ideology, the believe in and working for, putting more women in position of power and influences in society.

The gold is to have more influential women, in positions as top politicians, professors, in science. The means is to introduce affirmative action legislation (discriminatory laws towards men), giving women advantages in order to get into positions of power and influences.

The official definition however is:

"Feminism is a range of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women."

And in reality however, it's for women only, for increased equality for women and decrease equality for men.

• @Ozanne is a feminist, she might be able to help.

• Something about equality

• Equalism: 100% equality between genders. Feminism: woman get same rights as men but double standards don't go away which isn't fair to guys.

What Girls Said 0