What's the difference being reckless and being brave?

explain. Even though I do lots of 'good' things, I'm always called reckless never brave.. Why?

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I would assume being reckless is doing first and thinking later. Brave would be thinking first and reacting to it upon that thought. If that makes sense lol

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Reckless is doing or saying something without thinking about the consequences. Without having any regard as to the outcome or how it will affect other people.

An example is saying something, maybe bad, about someone without thinking it through. Without them being there to defend or justify themselves.

Bravery is when you weigh up the consequences and the risks of doing something, usually with regard to how it will affect YOU, rather than anyone else.

An example is rescuing an injured soldier out in no-mans land where he has no chance of getting to safety himself. You weigh up the odds of whether you can do it. if there is a slm chance you can, then you go out and get him back to your lines.

2|0
    0|0
    • Oh so saying what should be said is reckless? Wow..

• Saying something without any regard to what the consequences is reckless. Like giving away secrets without stopping to think whet it could lead to.

• Brave is risking your life or safety during the course of rescuing another person from peril. Reckless is just taking stupid risks for no justifiable reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • Brave is when you do something reckless but it's for the good of others

Or rather being selfless for the good of others

1|0
    0|0
  • Reckless is doing something where the result is obvious danger and would gain no benefit... Like reckless driving.

1|0
    0|0
  • Reckless is facing unnecessary danger while brave is facing danger to do a necessary action I believe.

0|0
    0|0
  • bad looking guy + brave = reckless
    good lookin guy + brave = brave

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• reckless is doing something dangerous that you don't need to do. Brave is doing something dangerous that needs to be done

1|0
    0|0