What would you do if you found £85 on the floor?

I was waiting for my mum to take money out the ATM bank machine and was wondering..
If there was a load of cash.. lets say £80-£100 what would you do with it?
If you were near a shop.. would you return it to the shop and trust them with it?
If you were near a park or a field.. would you hand it to the police?
Would you keep it?

Be honest!

Most Helpful Girl

• if i saw someone dropping them.. i would run to give them.. or if there is anything that might tell who this money belongs to.. i will return it.. but if there is no way... i would not give it to some shopkeeper.. i found it.. i should keep it..

What Guys Said 18

• if you find lost money and give it to someone else as the "right thing" to do then you gotta realize 9 times out of 10 they're just gonna fucking keep it for themselves. seriously what are they gonna do, try to find the rightful owner? bullshit lol. just fucking keep it.

• I found $400 on the street in the restaurant district at 11 PM. Nobody was within a block. I kept it.

• near the atm: give it to the police, cause there is camera surveillance around thous atms

other: look if sobody´s seen me and keep it. there was a time when i wouldn´t hesitate to try and find the owner but that was ruined by some ungratefull pricks.

• I would hand it in - Someone might really need that and come looking for it

• I would keep it and put it in the box where I'm planning to collect money to buy my ticket to Paris... So I will consider that fallen 100bucks is a mini gift from God 😂😂😂

• £85 is around half the minimum wage in Turkey. So, i'd probably take it if there were noone around close enough that maybe he/she dropped the money..

• I want to return it, but to whom? I'll probably end up keeping it then

• That'd be a lot of awkward notes.

• I would save it or treat myself to yummies

• we used to ask such a question in our childhood. while writing this i found your age is 15. as i have typed that i am saying sorry. such question arise at this age.

• Donate it to charity

• I'd give it to the poor or the homeless

• Most likely keep it, how will I return it

• Fuck it, I'm keeping it.

• Since I don't live in the UK I'd be greatly surprised to find pounds, so I think I'd keep it

• I'd hand it to the police. Anything less then £10 I'd probably keep though - does that make me bad?

• I would give it to the poor and share my money to them, buy them some food and give them money.

Poor people don't need money, they need friends to talk, people to talk. So they know they're not alone!!

• If it's only £85 or any small amount, it's not worth keeping and if it's a large amount it's not worth the risk. I'd return it to the police. If it doesn't get returned to the owner, at least it's going into societies security systems etc, even if it's a small amount it's better than sitting in my bank.

What Girls Said 6

• I would keep it, because I'm a poor and horrible person.

• in japan you bring it to the police, and if no one comes to claim it after 6 months you can collect it

• Stick it in my money jar along with the other amount I have saved up so far. :)

• if i don't know who dropped it... take it and go!

• Keep it. And use it to fill a cart full of jars of Nutella and Doritos

• It wouldn't feel right, but £85 means €119 or 355 liras. Big money for me. It could help paying for a passport if converted to liras or pay for staying a couple more days in Greece if converted to euros.