Should I just stop playing?

my brother n friends always makes fun of me for sucking at video games. i like them, and sometimes ill have good games but mostly i just suck. just wanna hear peoples opinions about people that suck at things. should they stop while theyre ahead or keep afflicting other people with their suckiness. does it make you mad? y u so salty bro

Most Helpful Guy

• Women see fewer frames per second and have slower reaction time than men so they generally suck at competitive gaming. For example I am a crappy bronze league n00b at Starcraft but even I managed to beat the world's #1 ranked female player on there. Yeah you can call it sexist and protest all you want but unless you turn yourself into some kind of cyborg there's not much you can do.

• Thanks for MHO.

• No, yeah, I know what you mean. There are some things that guys are just generally better at than girls and vice versa. There are exceptions and that's fantastic, but I'm okay with recognizing my limitations. It's the same with driving. We can always improve and stuff, but if guys have better spatial recognition then guys have better spatial recognition.

• Right, it's the same thing. Girls can still excel at types of games that don't require fast-twitch reflexes or a lot of spatial reasoning, etc. But yeah if you're playing something like Call of Duty or Street Fighter you're probably going to get owned a lot of the time against guys.

What Guys Said 6

• Video games are meant for fun. If you're not having fun, don't play. If you are, keep playing. However, if your brother and his friends are too negative to be around, find new friends and skip them.

• Do what you enjoy. Doesn't matter if you suck or not. Just don't be a sore loser if you suck and you'll be fine.

• Keep playing it you might get better - Games are about having fun.

• Playing makes you perfect so, i wouldn't give up just ignore the teasers

• No. Get better.

• If you like playing games then you continue doing so lass, no offence to em but if their immature enough to repeatedly take the micky then they're just immature... once or twice as a joke ok but repeatedly nah you just keep on enjoying what you enjoy as long as your having fun :)
    And if its genuine lack of skill in one area doing it will make you better anyway :)
    It's all about the fun.

What Girls Said 2

• If you love playing video games, then continue to play. Ignore whatever other people has to say about it.

• As a female gamer myself, I say keep playing. As long as you're having fun, who cares if you suck. Besides, if you keep playing, you'll only get better. And if it's a team/co-op game, maybe you can practice by yourself with the computer/AI. After all, Practice makes perfect.

• Lol that's true to an extent. Playing against the cpu doesn't really help. At most you learn how to shoot and stuff lol. It definitely won't prepare you for playing in pub matches. But thanks for your advice anyways. :D