Horrible question: Beloved pet and a total stranger are both in danger, If you do nothing they will die. You can only save one, who would you pick?

Details:
-It's just as easy to save your pet as it is to save the stranger. So you will have to base your choice solely on the individual.
-You know absolutely NOTHING about the stranger and you can't make assumptions based on appearance or otherwise. But he/she is a human being after all.
-Your care incredibly much about the pet, almost like you would love your own child.
-You could just choose to save neither, if the decision is too hard.

I wonder what you people will pick.

• I will save my beloved pet.
  • I will save the random stranger.
  • I have no idea who to pick.
I'm not sure if I made it completely clear, but the one you don't save will surely die, 100% guaranteed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a pet but if I were to imagine myself emotionally attached to a pet, Im not sure but i think I might save the pet over the stranger whom I have no connection with.

Something I care about is taken away, my life becomes worse. A stranger dies, my life remains the same as before.

The only thing that would hold me back would be that people might label me as "the asshole who let a man die to save his cat". Or I might feel guilty, like how could I value a cat over my fellow man. Or perhaps I'd feel pride in being a hero. But if I were to save the stranger it wouldn't be because I care about them, it would be because I felt like "I was supposed to save him" not because I actually want to.

I also think the person's appearance would influence my decision, like I'd be more likely to choose the stranger if it was an attractive girl. However if it was a fat man I might be more likely to save my beloved pet.

• Agreed, this question is actually: "Would you do what is morally right even if it would mean losing something your really care about?" And it's beginning to look like people wouldn't, at least in this instance.

• it seems like morality is just based on how people feel emotionally

• Possibly, however it is decided in societies and social groups what is and what isn't moral and this is not just based on feelings. Because it seems to differ on different places in the world, it's unlikely that those people just feel differently than we do and base their morals on that. So that would suggest that our feelings about these choices are for a large part decided by what society has dictated is moral and immoral.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't care if it makes me a horrible person, but I'd save my pet for sure.

• I'm going after my dog/cat.
    Sorry, not sorry.

• I would rather die then watch two lives go to waste like that. If it came to just choosing one I would have regret over the one that died for the rest of my life. I just can't do that and I would do everything in my power to save them both regardless of the situation.

• I will save the stranger than the stranger will save my pet :P
    That way both will live :P

• In moments like that I don't think there would even be a hesitation. You'd try to help the stranger and then your beloved furry friend.

• I would save my guinea pigs of course!

• i have a lot of pets but look a person is a person lets be honest the person has much more life than the pet th person may have kids or a wife or i dont know im just saying be emphatic would you rather be saved or that they saved their pet? haha :):

What Guys Said 10

• The pet is my responsibility. The stranger is not.

I would risk myself to save a stranger, but I will not sacrafice a life which is my responsibility to save a stranger. Sorry mystery person.

• I picked my pet. Animals are more faithful and dependable. People suck!

• Save my dog. he is a rescue dog and wold immediately save the stranger.

• The stranger is more capable of saving him/herself than my pet, so I would go for my pet first. The only exception would be if the stranger was handicapped or a child.

• I didn't even read the details - I would save my pet

• Save the pet! Sorry, stranger.

• Humans first

• Fuck the stranger, FLUFFY SHALL LIVE ON!!!

• I will save my pet. Living person are horrible than ghosts. At least, I can spend my time together with my pet. If I save the stranger, he/she might make me drown.

• I would save my pet, no question about it. The stranger can save himself.