Girls, Period relief?

It's usually not too bad, but this time it's enough to put me in tears.

I cannot swallow pills, so I honestly don't know how to lessen the pain.

Any ideas?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally know how you feel because my periods are painful and because I hate medications and painkillers I spent hours on end trying to search for alternative ways to relief the pain. You can have hot drinks or put warm water on your belly. Another weird thing that works for me a bit , is applying pressure on my belly. I noticed that when I press firmly on my lower abdomen I do feel a bit better , so sometimes I get a scarf and tie it around my waist area , it may work for you as well ! but later I discovered that you can relief pain through some acupressure points in your body , there are several points , but I found this one the most efficient : http://i.ytimg.com/vi/S5j3e11p31g/hqdefault.jpg
    Even though I hate painkillers , I sometimes feel obligated to take them since my periods are really painful. Before going to a doctor I used to bear the severe pain and it was torture but then when I went , she described this medication for me since I used to vomit literally ANYTHING I eat or drink , and yes i would still vomit something too small as a sip of water , They are suppositories called Voltaren. They DO relief pain A LOT , you'll feel well after it and feel almost no pain at all ! Also other times I take Buscupan , and it helps me as well. But please be aware of taking any random medications anyone recommend , so NEVER depend on any of the advice you read on this website , let a doctor check the medications you will take first , because they first have to make sure you're okay and don't have any problems especially that your periods are usually okay but this time it turned painful , if this lasted for a longer period of time , then you should consider having an appointment with a doctor to make sure everything is fine. I hope you feel better soon :)

What Girls Said 5

• Doing sports sometimes helps me & also keeping hydrated throughout the day (especially in this heat) - also I try to stay away as good as I can from processed foods since I've found that they usually make my cramps worse

• Having an orgasm helps with cramps.
    kind of weird if you don't like tampons but it does work
    heating pad, warm bath
    drink lots of water.

• Go take a hot bath

• Wet a wash cloth with hot water and put it on your belly or fill a water bottle with warm water and do the same feel better :)

• I know you said no pills, but Buscopan are so tiny that you barely even notice you're swallowing them, and they're good because they actually stop the cramping rather than just being painkillers. Plus they're cheap and you can get them over the counter