Girls, Do girls like guys who read a shit ton of books?

Back when I was a yungin' I read books all day. Now let me stop, cause I'm 18. But basically, you couldn't catch me without a book under my nose everyday. Now, I'm always reading, always checking out books, and if I'm not working I'm reading at work for break. I usually go on binges and when I'm book binging, I can burn out a good 350-400pg book in 2-3 days, work included, and burn through about 4 in a week. I don't have many favorite authors, I usually go in a library and walk through the aisles and always walk out with at least one book by someone I know and two by random authors but because it looked decent. Hell, during the last month of school I was in both the schoolslibrary and the city library at least once a week. I read so many books I honestly lose track of what I'm supposed to be turning in and whats do or not.

Don't get my wrong, I do other things. I also write stories, poetry and short stories typically, but I work out at the gym a lot as well cause I gotta keep in shape (and the money I'm spending is great motivation when all else fails). I work, I hang out, I'm not a nerd or a good kid (no, I sometimes cause trouble for fun), and I can be a rebel. I'm not a completely bad kid, but I'm not good either. But I've been told, however, that my reading addiction is really nerdy and a turn off as well as a sign that I'm a loner with few friends (which I can be). By few girls, I've been told the opposite. So I'm coming here to see what you ladies think on GaG. Is it a turn off or something is a guy admittedly reads a lot?

I'm starting to see that it's fine, but now I wonder what goes through girls heads out here.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It all depends on what kind of girl you are talking about. If you are into one of those outdoorsy adventurous girls then they will probably find you boring.
    But a lot of girls who are also into books and reading will be really glad to talk to you. It's always fun to exchange opinions with someone who has read the same stuff and knows as much as one does! ;)

What Girls Said 19

• I love men who read! But I'm also an avid reader. I think it's so sexy. It shows you're in to learning new things and probably have a wide range of subjects to talk about. But if your nose is always in a book... You could miss out on what's going on around you. Maybe you have a few ladies checking you out but you don't notice. Best of luck!

• That's interesting if you read a lot :) I love reading and writing myself. And no its not a turn off lol

• Hahaha
    Yeah, I like a guy who is well read. =)

• i am a huge book nerd so i think its attractive when guys read. Don't worry you are not the only person on here that reads a shit ton. i read the first harry potter book in a day and a half and according to the kindle i am borrowing, i am 34% through the second.

• I think its super attractive when a guy has read a lot of books.

• Yes girls like guys who read a lot! Because there's always something interesting to discuss or learn about from them. That's a great quality. Like no girl wants to talk to a guy who has nothing meaningful to talk about. If a guy just says "I don't read.. I just chill at home doing nothing" then conversations wouldn't get very far.
    Whoever told you reading is a turn off is someone who has a very narrow view of what "cool" is and what "uncool" is.

• It's just a hobby. As long as the guu doesn't HATE books, then whatever is fine. I was a book worm too so I completely get your obsession xD

• You sound like me lol I wouldn't mind, but I prefer guys who are a bit opposite. That's just my type. I'm sure a lot of girls would like you

• Not a turn off. Keep on reading, good for ya :)

• Is it a turn off? Nope. I'm also a bookworm myself, but I don't read as fast as you. I'm a slow reader lol. What's your favorite genre? Mine's crime and detective.

• I don't have a particular genre, but I've noticed I'm partial to stories that are twisted in general.

• I do. Can't speak for the rest.

• I used to do that haha

Na I don't really care either way

• It doesn't really make a difference to me.

• I love it when guys read. I read to and it would be great to share such a hobby

• I think the guy needs that kind of intelligence, I want to be able to have a good conversation with them

• Doesn't do anything for me.

• yeah, that's cool. Intelligence and education are hot. I'm a nerd myself and read a lot

• Reading a lot of books is great. It opens your mind up more and if anything makes you more interesting and creative! Every time you read a book is like you've lived this other life and I think it's amazing that words have this power. I personally find it very attractive if a guy likes reading.

• Are you crazy? Girls will LOVE this!