I feel ashamed of myself - I'm a receptionist at age (almost) 25?

I thought I would be doing so much more with my life. Should I feel as ashamed as I do?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 24 and just graduated after 6 years and now I am jobless living with my parents, and I'm not even worried about it. I've got offers and plans, and I'm just doing things differently to blast through my debt as fast as possible.

So if you feel ashamed, I should be crying every time I look in the mirror.

What Guys Said 12

• No. Things never always happen as we like or plan them to. There are some people who don't even have jobs. Be grateful for what you have and continue working harder, pursuing your dreams. Worrying will suck the life out of you. You're still young and got a ways to go.

• Nothing wrong with that at all

• No you shouldn't worry least your working and making money ,

• I see nothing wrong with that.
    Everyone goes at their own pace.

• No I'm 25 and unemployed don't feel ashamed please

• Epires rise and fall and rise and fall again
    You still have time.

• Well you have a stable job at least. Save money up and pursue an ambition.

• What exactly did you think you'd be doing?

• Who doesn't feel that way about their life? I fuckin despise mine.

• If u were bad at studying then ya u should.
    If u didn't even have the money to go to college/school then no u shouldn't feel like that.

• I'm 27 and work in mcdonalds... I should feel ashamed not you lol

• no, you shouldn't. a job doesn't define who you are (unless your a traffic cop, bastards). be happy that you are working. you should try looking for other opportunities if you dont like it.

What Girls Said 3

• Absolutely not. Some people have a harder time getting to where they want than others. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm not where I thought I would be.

• It opens u up for other job involving customer services. Flight attendant jobs all look for candidates with people skills and experience.

• If you feel unhappy where you're at, do something about it. Find a way out. Think about all the things you enjoy and what makes the most $ense for you financially and otherwise.