Why do people get mad when Christians want to help gays, but don't seem to care when ISIS throws them off buildings?

Just curious. Why is it that when a Christian supports real marriage or wants to help gay people recover from their sexual disorders they're called haters and bigots, but when ISIS beheads gays or throws them off buildings head first to their death nobody in the news media seems to care?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cuz science and people's personal experiekce has proven that gayness is not a disorder, but rather a variant like being left handed. Guess who was considered deviant and in need of transformation back in the day? Lefties.

Also, a lot of people are concerned with Isis, but activity taking place on a more local level will always get the most attention. First, human's interests seem to go that way and second, you have a a greater chance of being helpful at the grassroots level.

Why are so many Christians more concerned with gay marriage than poverty? See what I did there?

• Pretty much all aspects of life start with marriage because that where children are (supposed to be) raised. If child aren't taught how to work hard, not to steal, study, etc, then of course they'll be children who become adults and can't get a good job. Trying to fix poverty without fixing marriage first would never work.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see how Christians supporting marriage for gay people can have them being called haters/bigots because they're HELPING those people.

• ""wants to help gay people recover from their sexual disorders""

No, they aren't trying to help. This is about Christians trying to make people pray the gay away and making them feel so bad about themselves that they would eventually "stop sinning". Some people commit suicide after that stuff, it's mad.

• 1) I was talking about the blatant contradiction in his post, not for ALL Christians.

2) You're being irrational. I'm a Christian and I don't pray the gay away. I say live and let live and they should be able to get married. Many people are like me. Grow up.

• Both are bad.

• Cause thats the media, they just want spectacular news, not the truth

What Guys Said 4

• With all do respect, Christians do not want to help same sex oriented people. They want to reform them through conversion therapy that is ineffective and damaging

I have witnessed the outcome of such efforts first hand. It was devastating.

• Wrong. I don't want to "convert" anyone to be straight because that's nonsense. Live and let live and they should get to marry.

You've just met someone that went against your biased belief.

• Conversion Therapy is a sort of “programming” aimed at overturning sexual orientation. It is predicated on the notion that sexual proclivities are socialized and can therefore be altered.

At best, it can be as innocuous as praying together. At its worst, it can take the form of aversive therapies such as electric shock or nausea inducing drops administered while viewing homo-erotic photo images (an example was depicted in A Clockwork Orange, Stanley Kubrick).

In essence, this makes the subject an enemy to himself by setting up a conflict between his desires and the behavioral programming. The outcome is something like a neuronal meltdown.

• Asker, you were inquiring about Christians as a group and I responded appropriately. I have no knowledge of your personal principles or intensions.

• Because ISIS is prominent on a different continent.

• So people are only people if they live in the US?

• No, but that's when it affects them.
      Why, do you start crying for the dead whenever an earthquake hits China?

China is on the other side of the planet. It is not as directly relevant to you.

• This is a joke right?

• The media is full of dirty tricks, they want to make all Muslims seem bad because of the actions of a few!

• That's not true. There are MANY media sources who show that MANY Muslims aren't radical as that foolish group that is tainting Islam.