Girls, What do I do about my hair? Help a fellow girl out?

I used that color removal stuff (basically bleach) after dying my hair a terrible color a while back & then dyed over it with a color that was similar to my natural color. But the dye has faded & the bleach showed through through. Now, the roots of my natural shade are growing in and it's soo obvious in the sun that the bottom of my hair is lighter than the top.

What do I do?

I don't want to dye it because the dye always fades out of my hair really fast, and also I don't want my hair to be any more damaged & thin than it already is. I also don't want to cut it because i would have to cut it reallyyy short in order to get rid of the bottom part.

Thanks!

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't dye it or do anything you might read online or in a magazine to try and help it. What you need is a professional stylist to give you a free consultation, and if it leads to a professional treatment, then invest in that. Sometimes what they'll do is apply a shampoo cocktail and then restore the colour with a product that will save your hair. After that, if she suggest a hair repair product, then use it faithfully for however long they suggest.

Until you see one, you may also have to resist from washing your hair each day, and to style it a new way or with a scarf if you're self-conscious about how the colour looks.

What Girls Said 11

• If you can do it your self or a friend to... get a tip cap and pull your hair through it so that almost every hole is done, then just lighten your roots ONLY with the lightener to try and match up with the ends of your hair. But don't put any colour on the ends... if you are not able to do this yourself then go to the salon and ask them to do foils for you on your roots only... this way, only certain parts of your hair will be coloured and it will grow out with out looking like there is not that much of a line on your regrowth...

• Id suggest putting in an effort to make your hair as healthy as possible and search online what hair products are best for your hairtype (natural products work great). Dying your hair again would be a bad idea,, so its better to maintain the health of your hair before you do anything to it again.

• Use bed head dumb blond shampoo and conditioner to treat your hair back to healthy then maybe have it colored professionally, their products are better and less harmful than over the counter dye. In the mean time if you'll be in the sun for a lengthy time put lemon juice on your roots to naturally lighten them with the sun. Good luck, we've all been there.

• go to a salon

• Well it depends on what your natural color is, and what color you dyed it and what color it is now. All of these things will affect the answer

• Oh dear.. do you have a picture of it?

• You could put on hanna regularly. It's not a hair dye so it goes off more quickly but at least it may neutralize your overall hair colore by making the button lighter tone of the same colour. On top of that, I hear Hanna is healthy for your hair

• There's nothing you can but let it grow out and cut off the ends if you don't want to do touch ups

• I'd suggest going to a hair salon ASAP. They'll know what to do to give you the colour and cut you want, though you might have to compromise in terms of how much to cut off.

• Use vegetable based dye and dye it all one color. They're not bad for your hair, just don't bleach it first.
    Are you using heat regularly on your hair? This will make the damage worse. You don't need to cut all at once if you can learn to take care of your hair properly. Then you can just trim off the damage little by little as your hair grows.

• The only solution would be to either dye the top lighter or to dye the bottom darker. I am sorry. I've been there too.