Is it considered self harm?

im already kinda depressed and my self esteem is really low but when i getinto fights with my parents i get so weak and it breaks me down completely. I cry myself to sleep after my mom insults me, and yes i do provoke her sometimes but she flies off the handle and hits and calls me a lot of negative hurtful words. I always end up slapping my face and arms really hard till i get scars somehow and turn red. why do i get so suicidal and lose my mind when i get in fights with my mom?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are young and you are struggling with adult emotions... I dont mean that to sound condescending but when we grow up we are taught to care for others and not to hurt them and when we do the guilt is awful. The older we get the more responsible we feel and you are in the transitional phase. I hated it, I would feel so guilty I could smack my head off a wall until I split it. Just remember your mom loves you and you should always apologize to her and you will find she will respect you for your mature response. Show her you are growing up because when you fall out it is because she is treating you like a little girl which annoyingly makes you feel like a little girl and act it at that moment (so frustrating!) so then when you are away from her your mind comes back to the fact you are an adult and you struggle.

It is perfectly normal but please take a more mature stance on this. Tell your mom you hate arguing and want to be friends. Your mom is the best female friend you will ever have and when you think she is being mean, she is trying to protect you or struggling with the fact you are growing up. My mum and I are really close and I could have hit her at your age... it gets better but tell her you want to be friends so she can see who you are and learn for herself as you are fed up of trying to tell her. it will bring you closer x

What Guys Said 2

• It could be seen as a form of self harm. Maybe you should do some research on the net on teen depression. Here is a link to a site that might help
    www.helpguide.org/.../...s-guide-to-depression.htm

• why do you have to get it to fights with your mother? I know it sucks but she is your mother... surrender your self... I have been there, get pissed and feel down when things doesn't go on your own way but that's what life if.. go fight for it.

What Girls Said 0