Girls, if your boyfriend only wanted you to use sweet nicknames and he really doesn't like when you use his first name, would u be ok with this?

Girls, if your boyfriend only wanted you to use sweet nicknames and he really doesn't like when you use his first name, would u be ok with this?

• Yes
    66% (33)
  • No
    34% (17)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Being I am still Married to a Muslim husband Out in Egypt, when we are not Breaking Up, we are Making Up and it's Most of the Time: Baby or Babe on both ends.
    However, on a more serious note, when we are mad at one another, even in texting, we both Use: First name... This is a sign that things are not good in Denmark. xx

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• Yeah I guess if it was important to him I could call him a nickname...

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you naturally use first name

• @Asker I don't really use names as much during everyday conversations but if I had to call him or something then I'd likely have used his first name just because I don't know how all guys feel about nicknames.

• Seems like basic respect to call people what they want to be called regardless of the relationship. If he wanted me to call him schnookie wookems in public I suppose I'd feel a little weird about that, but if a guy asks me for some particular behavior in our private relationship, my personal reaction is always a mental "thank you for helping me figure out what makes you happy." Why not indulge him?

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what he wants to be called. Cuddle-wuddle snookie-bear is a bit much, no?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really honestly. I love when he says my name. If it was a nickname that wasn't similar to "sweetie" or "pumpkin" or "doll," then maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • that is a little bit weird..

0|0
    0|0
  • I just call him hun and he calls me lady :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would find it a little annoying. I'm fine with using sweet nicknames, but his first name is the name of the man that I love and want to be with, so of course I want to use it too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always gave my ex my own cute names. But if he really liked me, he should like the way I say his name.

0|0
    0|0
  • Entirely depends what that nickname was. I don't use silly cutesy names in public.

0|0
    0|0
  • In private? Sure, I wouldn't mind.
    In public? Well, I'd feel bit awkward..

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure.
    Might call him princess a few times for shits and giggles though. :D

1|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't mind but i must admit i would be a bit imbaressed in the street some where strange

0|0
    0|0
    • in private only he means

• As long as it's nothing crazy or weird that he wants me to call him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell'er what do u like and what do u dislike politely

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure! but i'm not into "honey boo boo" or anything, so I guess if your name is Jonathan i'll call you Joe, or Alfred to Al, or Lucas to Luke

not like "honey boo bear" or "sweet pie" but it's alright :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd find it incredibly irritating and I probably wouldn't date him because it's weird

0|0
    0|0
  • I sorta like nick names anyway^^

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm down for any nickname as long as it isn't daddy!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is okay.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if I am allowed to choose the nicknames and they have more meaning than babe/baby.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends. I love to joke and tease so i would probably call him by his real name evey once in a while but lets say his name is lawrence. He has had the nickname "lace" since he was little for multiple reasons. I am going to normally call him lace or other nicknames because 1. He is comfortable with it and 2. He would respond to it 3. I love nicknames
    But yeah if i am close with him i will call him lawrence every now and then to push his buttons

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal nicknames are fine. Lots of people don't like their name and go by another name. This isn't the same as calling him a sweet lovey dovey name all the time.

0|0
    0|0