"real men don't cry" or "real men aren't afraid to cry."?

?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a real man. I don't cry and if it looks like I am crying; you're just reading it wrong. What is actually happening is
    I'm working my eyes out and they're just sweating... Totally common

What Girls Said 9

• the latter in my opinion. however, id rather it be a mix of both because we dont want someone who's freakin water works everytime something happens.

• It's bullshit, men are people too.

• That's about the 1st one, I agree with 2nd

• I think it's BS. Guys ave emotions just like us women. Crying doesn't make them feminine or something

• Real men are not afraid to show their emotions.

• i guess its the second one... real mean aren't afraid to cry

• Ok.. You can laugh if you want..
    But here's the truth..
    I've never seen a man cry.. Never.
    In movies and books, yeah..
    Real life, no..
    I wonder if they can even cry..
    Sorry if I sound mean.

• Real men do whatever they want because they're not imaginary.

• I'd say the latter is true. Strong men aren't afraid of what other people might think of them.

• The second one.

What Guys Said 17

• Men just cry. If you cry, then you cry. I think any sentence that starts with "Real men" is usually followed by some judgy, restrictive preference on what that person desires a man to be. If it's a macho dude, "Real men don't like pink, drink wine, or shower". If it's a girl, especially an adolescent one, "Real men spend money on their girlfriends." "Real men just accept taking charge and never expect anything in return."

There has actually been something discovered recently, however. Women are most likely to cry when they are upset. They found that men are naturally less likely to get to that point unless they are particularly distraught, but are actually more prone to crying tears of joy.

So when an Olympic medalist breaks down in tears after winning gold, you don't get much manlier than that.

• Honestly I almost never cry, ever probably the only time I've even cried in the last half a decade or so was after watching this video, and even after watching it now, I shed a tear, Reagan loved this country and it's people greatly, he even chokes up in the speech, and that hits me were it matters.

https://youtu.be/Wt8y18YFH70

So I'm both I rarely if ever cry, but when I do, I don't shove it down or try to stop it.

• It doesn't hurt to have a heart, I even through some bad times in my life, done bad things. But I found out we can't undo the past, nor what we do to others, There are worse things than crying-the worst one is forgetting how.

• "Real men" is a term coined by entitled losers who use it as an emasculation tool because they know that challenging a man's manhood is as big of a blow as he can take and hope that he will be bullied into doing what they want him to do.

Men have emotions; Men shouldn't cry the way women cry (women cry on average 6 to 10 times more than men cry).

• over how long?

a day? year? lifetime?

• Over a span of a year, the average woman cries between 30 and 64 times compared to men who cry roughly 6 to 17 times. Men typically cry for periods of 2 minutes whereas women cry for 6 minutes, and most often than not women's crying turns into a hysterical fit of tears (65%) whereas men aren't as likely to (6%).

Men cry, men just aren't as emotionally weak as women are.

• Definitely "Real Men Aren't Afraid To Cry" for me.

• I was just cutting onions you know? That's probably why

• Real men will cry when a situation or condition build emotion up to the point that they cry. Any man actually. They may not all do it in front of others when they can help it, but they do. That's reality.

• a men doesn't cry often but when he does he's a real men because then you know that there is something wrong

• I'm pretty sure existing qualifies any male as a "real man" but the term is used by women to shame us for not being what THEY want us to be.

• Strong men also cry.

• When I see a guy crying one part of me wants to sympathize with him and give him an ear, other part of me screams... PUSSY

• I don't cry.

• Everyone cries its normal. like I won't laugh at a guy for crying in a funeral but I probably will laugh at a guy for crying over his coffee being cold.

• Real men are 18 years old and older.

• tears can not hold a candle to see myself as if human. After being female or male human being it does not matter.

• I hate anything that says 'real men'.

• Aren't afraid to cry