How 'unhealthy' is getting a shower everyday?

I try and take at least 1 day off from showering a week but when I do take that 1 day off.. It's really hard for me to enjoy anything also I makes me feel really low energy and stuff. Obviously I don't wanna fu** myself up by showering everyday so how unhealthy would it actually be to shower everyday?

Most Helpful Guy

• Showering mainly dries out your skin and your mucous membranes. You can act against that partially by putting on some lotion or body butter after you're done showering (depending on how sensitive your skin is). Whether taking showers every day is a problem also depends on the climate region where you live and on the season. If you've got cold and dry winters like in North America or parts of Europe, you should try to only take a shower every other day. This shouldn't be too much of a problem because people also tend to sweat less during winter time. In the summer, especially if the summer in your geographical region is somewhat moist, it's completely unproblematic to shower every day. Just don't shower for a long time. I sometimes even take two showers per day in the summer - but I make them very quick. I take a proper shower with soap in the morning after getting up for 10 minutes and later in the afternoon or evening, when I come back home form outside and I'm really sweaty, I just turn the water ice cold and jump under it for 3-5 minutes.
    What you shouldn't do is take several long showers. That's not good for the environment, it's not good for your skin and it also won't make you more clean than the quick 5-minute shower.
    And one more tip: if you feel very hot during the way, you can just turn your tap water ice cold and hold your wrist under it. Alternatively you can also put cold water or an ice cube on your earlobe. The earlobe has the function of regulating the body temperature and will react to the cold water by cooling down your body. If you let cold water run over wrist, it helps because you cool down your own blood that flows through the arteries and veins there. The cool blood will then flow back to your inner organs and make them a little cooler to, which means that you won't feel so hot anymore :-).

What Girls Said 6

• Most people do but it is a good idea to skip one now and then if you can. specially for your hair and skin needs bacteria.

• You're suppose to take like 1 every second day... most people are fine it just isn't good for your skin and hair is all

• If you have a long shower, it can be unhealthy for the skin as it dries out the skin.

A proper shower should be about ten to fifteen minutes and no longer than that.

• I shower everyday because I exercise almost everyday. And I'm completely healthy. I try to use jojoba oil when moisturizing because it's closest to human body oils

• Idc how unhealthy it is. Showering is a gr8 thing. Bleh if you dont want to shower every day, get a rag and some water and clean yourself up

• it's like wiping your ass every time you poop. who does that? that's unhealthy

What Guys Said 2

• It's safe.

• I take 2/3 showers a day