My boyfriends mom thinks I have a crush on her husband. How do I tell her I don't?

I went on vacation with my boyfriend and his family. I was walking down the hallway and heard her mom talk about how she thinks I have a crush on her husband. She thinks it because of the way I smile, dress and because I am shy. Her husband isn't bad looking but this isn't the case!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just say that you do find him pretty and attractive. But you love her son not her hubby. And you simply see him as a father figure of the man you love thus you smile at him.
    (She's pretty strange huh?)

What Guys Said 3

• Let her overhear you saying 'all of your attractive qualities come from your mum's side' to your boyfriend if you feel you must do anything at all. Personally I'd take it as a compliment she feels threatened and just carry on living life. It is not a problem unless she or you make it a problem.

• Insecure or what - Threatened by a 15 year old, I actually would steer clear of trying to explain it she sounds irrational

• Don't say anything it'll only make more tension. Just don't smile too much if you look at the guy. Not sure how you being shy equates to you liking your bf's dad.

What Girls Said 2

• she is dumb.. dont do anything..

• Probably wishful thinking on her part. She may be nuts. You might need to try to stay away from her as much as possible.